Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys .. I ordered a Prelude 97-01 strut bar about a week and a half ago and I just got around to putting it in today. The whole job took me about an hour or so to do, and it really wasn't 'that' bad.

Here's what I did:

Bolted down one end of the strut bar and bended it to line up with the other side. ie. take the hanging end of the strut bar and bend it around. I did the same process for the other side until I got it to line up pretty close. I just had to use some muscle to line it up exactly, but it all came together. On the drivers side, I had to leave the fuse box unbolted in order to fit the strut bar mount in place. That's ok though, because it's pressed up against the strut bar mount and it wasn't going anywhere.

I can't drive my car (ECU is @ PPP for Stage II), so I can't comment on how the car feels. I should have the ECU by the end of the week and I can comment then.

Would anyone be interested in some pics? I'll check back on here again in a little while and if there is, I can go snap a couple pics so you can see what it looks like.

For 1 hours of time and about $25 + shipping I'd say it's not a bad deal. Even if this isn't the strongest strut bar out there, it's definately going to perform somewhat compared to nothing there at all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes a pic or two would be great

I have a Prelude strut bar in my bookmarks. Did you get yours from procarparts? I am about to hit the buy button but am a little reluctant. I would like very much to hear more about your experience and see a shot or two.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd like to see pics....

I don't understand the whole bending part. You screw the bases on and bent the bases? Or did you bend the bar itself? What did you use to bend it?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
SammyD said:
I'd like to see pics....

I don't understand the whole bending part. You screw the bases on and bent the bases? Or did you bend the bar itself? What did you use to bend it?
You bend the bases. Their easily bendable by hand.
If he bent the actual bar itself by hand i'd have to start calling Dave "SuperMan". :D

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I wanna see pics also because i'm in the process of either getting the prelude bar and making it fit but I don't wanna spend that much money for the MLS one. So if this works as good then I'll consider this because the bar isn't much money.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Yes... PICS!!! I think the price of the reproduced MLS Strut Bar is just too much for me.... Thanks man.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I still ahve one that is laying around house....25 shipped if anyone wants it

·
Registered
376 Posts
i was jus wondering. cuz i may also do this mod very soon. but if a strut bar is bendable? isn't it pretty much worthless?

zol

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pics later on today

Hey guys .. I will take pics today after I get home from work and I will post them up as soon as possible. I'll try and get them up online by 6pm EST.

No, I could definately NOT bend the strut bar!! As Darren said, you would have to be superman to bend that thing .. I bolted down the bases and bended them. The actual strut bar feels very strong.

I will try and take some detailed pics of the bases so you can see the bend that was made in the bases. I didn't use any other tools to help me bend it, just my own 'muslcle' :) So you can ask Darren, if I was able to bend it myself, then ANYONE can!

-Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts