Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the high cost on gas, i came too wonder... why not just fill 87?..
A Acura Legend's compression Ratio is : hmmmm... while pulling up some research for this article i just ran accross somthing.... this one site says the ratio is

"- 3,206 cc 3.2 liters 6 V front longitudinal engine with 90 mm bore, 84 mm stroke, 9.6 compression ratio,"

THIS OTHER SITE SAYS

Engine Specs:

Displacement & Type: 3,206cc, normally aspirated V6

Horsepower @ RPM: 230 hp @ 5,500 RPM

Torque @ RPM: 220 ft/lbs @ 4,500 RPM

Compression Ratio: 8.6 : 1

Redline RPM: 6,300 RPM

8.6 is quite low?.. my Vigor has a 9... ... now 9.3 is the MAX for 87 Octane... ok i will pump 91 octane if it is 9.6...

now too think of it.. i just kind of answerd my own question... but somone one want too verify what the acctual ratio is?! .. thnx!!..

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Search or Search

With all this waste of bandwidth, maybe it's time people start doing searches. This topic has been gangbanged to death. In a nutshell, using 87 won't hurt your motor since the ECU is smart enough to adjust timing. You will lose power and performance though. If you can't afford to put the correct fuel in the legend, sell it and get a corolla.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Again I have to tell ppl y not to us low grade gas in our cars...
the S E A R C H link acutally works it isnt there for show

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
FlipLegend said:
With all this waste of bandwidth, maybe it's time people start doing searches. This topic has been gangbanged to death. In a nutshell, using 87 won't hurt your motor since the ECU is smart enough to adjust timing. You will lose power and performance though. If you can't afford to put the correct fuel in the legend, sell it and get a corolla.
I've been getting about 15 miles to gallon on 87. I'm going to bite the bullet these next couple of fillups and go back to hi-test and see what happens...

· Registered
1,306 Posts
The lowest I go is 89 and that's only when I'm taking a road trip. I have observed that I get just as much on a tank of 89 during a road trip. If you do a lot of stop and go, using 87 becomes very noticeable, you will get horrible gas mileage. I get about 350-370 miles a tank with 93 and when I used 89 during a road trip, I get at least 350 miles.

· Registered
160 Posts
I just filled up less than an hour ago. 93 was $2.37 so I'm no complaining.

My truck takes 87, but it's got a 30 gallon tank and gets 10mpg so I'm cool with spending a few extra $ to fill up the Legend with 93(which gets 22mpg).

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
You can use any of the three available levels you choose. The only thing you will hurt is your gas mileage.

The Legend has 2 knock sensors that detect the detonation caused by the lower grade fuel. The ECM will retard the timing to make up the difference causing lower performance and worse gasmileage.

Use all the cheap gas you want, it won't save you a dime. YOu will just be at the pump more.

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
Rumnarv said:
You can use any of the three available levels you choose. The only thing you will hurt is your gas mileage.

The Legend has 2 knock sensors that detect the detonation caused by the lower grade fuel. The ECM will retard the timing to make up the difference causing lower performance and worse gasmileage.

Use all the cheap gas you want, it won't save you a dime. YOu will just be at the pump more.
Oh yeah?!?! Oh yeah, smarty-pants?!?!

:D

Actually, you might be right. We'll see in about a week or so, maybe closer to two weeks, after I start refilling with the "good stuff".

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
I've actually calculated a 1 - 3 mpg difference in my coupe and 5 mpg difference in my sedan.

Anyway, I pump 93 in mine and my wife pumps 87. My coupe just feels more responsive with premium. My wife doesn't GAF about that stuff. It is just looks and transportation to her. She is also a cheapo, and will pinch a penny 10 different ways if that were possible.

Oh yeah, wasn't really trying to be a smartass

:p

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
Rumnarv said:
Oh yeah, wasn't really trying to be a smartass

:p
I know, I'm just joking around. I'm in one of those moods, plus this topic is the most beaten dead horse around here...

· Registered
1,491 Posts
I've said this in other post.....the cost difference between filling up with regular versus premium is anywhere from $3-$6 depending on where you live. Is it really worth even considering? Don't have a Starbucks coffee one day or don't eat out for lunch one time to make up the difference.

· Registered
160 Posts
Trust me it's not just here. Over on another website in the 3rd gen TL forums, they constantly discuss the same thing. It seems ridiculous to me, to pay 30k for a car and then gripe about spending a couple extra dollars to put premium in it...

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
they way i see it when gas was like 125 for reg and 145 for high octane thats like 18% increase now that gas is 250 for reg and 270 for high octance about 13% i always put high in but for ppl who dont i think it would make more since to do it now then be4

· has left the building
7,314 Posts
That's true but those of us that have been here from the beginning have seen this topic posted eleventybillion times. If you don't already know, noobs posting the same stupid-ass questions instead of using search is a MAJOR sore spot with the the OGs right now. Personally, I think a mod ought to take threads like these, tell the noob to go use search, close the damn thing and save the bandwidth and the b!tching.

That's what I would do but I'm not a mod. Yet. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.