Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be the price range for top of the line quality of all the following on a 93 coupe manual (6 speed):

Paint job

brake discs, pads,callipers

acura rims, tires

complete interior upholstry

transmission taken apart and put back together correctly

suspensions,making it lower

replace all bose speakers and radio(is radio possible w/ Bose?)

radiator

Brand new stock engine(is it possible to get one new?)

well thats about it i think... . . . i better hold to my chair. . .

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
paint job same color + body work = 1500+
rotors,pads and calipers ... damn .. = shoot for 800+
complete interior upholstery = 700+
tranny? who knows
suspension = ksports 700+
changing speakers and bose head unit.. aftermarket depends decent system = 500 +
rad+flush antifreeze = ??
NEW ENGINE? WTF = .........2000+ ???

wtff??? this is nuts... why do you think u need all that

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
a used legend in mint condition WAY LESS than all that will run you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i can deal with that

not bad i thought it would be worse. but where the hell am i gonna find another 6 speed? and yes it really needs all that.. . well kinda im just gonna do it cause i want to. i just got a BMW. and my legend is sitting in the back yard with no rims and tires. its gettin old. ever since i bought it i promised i was gonna fix it so that absolutly NOTHING would fail and it be in prime condition.a Legend love story! I guess its my project car.

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
not bad i thought it would be worse. but where the hell am i gonna find another 6 speed? and yes it really needs all that.. . well kinda im just gonna do it cause i want to. i just got a BMW. and my legend is sitting in the back yard with no rims and tires. its gettin old. ever since i bought it i promised i was gonna fix it so that absolutly NOTHING would fail and it be in prime condition.a Legend love story! I guess its my project car.
My Legend is my project and daily driver. Since February I've spent around $6500-7k on this bitch and it's all worth it. Some people think I'm crazy and my mechanic asked me (on Friday) if I was made of money. No, I'm not crazy, and no, I'm not made of money. I'm just one of those girls that doesn't have a pair of shoes for every outfit because I'd rather spend the money on my car :thumbsup: If you luv that car and have the money to spare, just do it!

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
I agree, keep this one and do the work on it in stages. I say this because it sounds like you have an affinity for this particular 6speed (I know the feeling)!! I don't think you can buy a new engine but you could buy and rebuild a JDM type II to near new condition for $2500 (if you do it yourself) a USDM for a bit cheaper (but not much).

Rebuild your current calipers since the car is down right now anyway and you can pull the old ones off, get new pistons (~$39 apiece) and rebuild kits (seals, grommets etc for ~$4 apiece) and with some media blasting of the caliper body/bracket and high heat paint you could have near-new OEM type II's and calipers all around for ~$300. New CD/slotted rotors are $155 shipped and throw in some SS lines/ceramic pads and a complete brake overhaul/upgrade is yours for under $600 for all 4 wheels. Keep it cheaper by skipping ceramic pads/SS lines.

Do it in stages and soon it wil all be done and your baby will be back up and purring like the day it left Japan!

·
difficult to kill
722 Posts
i dont exactly know where you live, but a couple forum members on here would rebuild your engine stronger, faster, better and for less $ than buying another. sr5guy and mike diaz come to mind first... theres threads where theyve worked on members' legends quite reliably.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NC

cool guys and gals, thanks for the support and help! :) i live in highpoint North Carolina. man i just dream about that car in perfect condition and its gonna happen!slowly but sruely...im gonna be posting pics as i go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.