Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal, when I wax my car (full wax buffer and all) it shines like new money BUT..I get all these little white specks on my car were I have dings and regular rode scatches (mostly on the front bumper and hood). The white specks shows up really well in the light..Is there anyway to aviod this other than the obvious (new paint job)...

Thankx for the input fellas...Later

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
you gotta fix those paint chips on your hood, I'm glad I have a white car, so they don't show when I wax

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How can I fix the chips (I assume you mean repaint the hood) any other options

G

·
Hey mabey try to get spot touch ups... I'm going through the same problems But my front, rear, and side views are fading unless I really wax it good and the damn Miami weather is causing OXIDATION!!!:eek:

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
since we are on the topic of detailing...

yea... i know i'm a lazy bastard, but what's the "best" and quickest way to detail? Is the 3-5 steps from meguiar's neccessary? are there any "1-step" stuff that is good to wipe on and buff off? Of course, it's not the best way to do it, but at least it's something. any input is appreciated!

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Meguiars has a cleaner wax that goes on and wipes off pretty easily. It does well for a one-step deal. I've used it (not on the GS), but after using Zaino........ I've been spoiled by perfection. :D

BTW, no one-step process with Zaino. :D

PS. The 3-step process is "neccessary" if you want a good shine. ;) It depends on what you want to get out of it. :)

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Those road chips (white specks) drove me nuts. I tried touch up paint, but there were so many of them, that it didn't come out well. Eventually I got the front hood, front grill, front bumper, front spoiler professionally repainted. Then after about a month, I put a 3M clear bra on the car. No more worry of rock chips.

My Accord gets black specks when the paint is chipped. (can't win, huh). I eventually put a clear bra on that sucker too.

My wash/wax routine is:
1. wash car, rinse, dry, whatever
2. Mother's car glaze (hides swirl marks)
3. Meguire's carnuba wax, and buff

·
Registered
847 Posts
I've tried many thing before Zaino but nothing really satisfied me since the shine goes away within a few days when applied on a white car....

But, Zaino makes the car really shiny even when the car is dirty. Not to mention that it really beats any other waxes that I've used before. Now, I can get almost anything off the car just with water.(tree sap, road kills:D , and birdy dumps:mad: ) It's not a 1 step thing, but it's a very good exercise that I enjoy:) I've been waxing the car since early January, and I don't remember how many coats I have put on it now = ) It's simply that great that I can't stop myself from adding another layer when I have time:D It just makes my baby's skin so much smoother and leaves a great scent~

Maybe you should try Turtle Wax Polishing Wax as well. It doesn't shine like Zaino, but definitely restores color by gently removing a layer of paint and is pretty good for liquid wax. Then, you can use the touch up paint, buff the touched up spot, clay the whole car, and use Zaino:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do the Zaino wax leave alot of white residue...If so do you know of any clear waxes....

·
Registered
595 Posts
LGNDPRINCE said:
Do the Zaino wax leave alot of white residue...If so do you know of any clear waxes....
Nope the Zaino is the easiest wax I have EVER removed. It whipes right off with minimal effort and leaves no dust, flecks, or residue. For you Zaino beginners get the Polish Lok Z-1 , Polish for Clearcoats Z-2, and the Scratch Remover Z-5. The anti-static quick cleaning spray is good too Z-6.

1. Wash your car with Dawn or dish-soap to remove old wax and other contaminates.

2. Clay bar if you feel like it.

3. Apply the Z-1, this is the base level the Zaino bonds to.

4. Apply the Z-2 as soon as the previous layer is dry to the touch. On my coupe I apply these layers nearly back to back because it drys fairly quickly

5. Buff off the Z-2 and admire the shine

6. Unlike other waxes Zaino gets deeper and glossier with every new layer. I plan on doing some Z- 2, 5, 2, 5 , 2 alternating until I get my fine scratches out. Also a good piece of advice is to apply the thinnest layer you can. Don't cake it on, you only increase dry times and wast the product.

7. The longer you leave the product on the better it bonds. If you have a garage leave it on overnight and buff it morning before work!

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Yup. There is also no set sequence for using Z2 and Z5. You can use them alternately like LegendC mentioned, or you can do Z5 over and over until you're satisfied, and then do Z2 until you're satisfied.

When laying my first foundation, I used Z5, Z7, Z2, Z7,Z5, Z7, Z2, Z7.....etc, etc...

I think that the next time I'm going to do Z5 a few times with Z7 between each time, and then Z2 a few times doing the same with the Z7.

Hmm.... After reading all that.......... I think I'm nuts! :D

I hope nobody was watching me when I detailed my car. They'd think I'm nuts too! :D

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
LegendGS said:
Yup. There is also no set sequence for using Z2 and Z5. You can use them alternately like LegendC mentioned, or you can do Z5 over and over until you're satisfied, and then do Z2 until you're satisfied.

When laying my first foundation, I used Z5, Z7, Z2, Z7,Z5, Z7, Z2, Z7.....etc, etc...

I think that the next time I'm going to do Z5 a few times with Z7 between each time, and then Z2 a few times doing the same with the Z7.

Hmm.... After reading all that.......... I think I'm nuts! :D

I hope nobody was watching me when I detailed my car. They'd think I'm nuts too! :D
Isn't Z7 the carwash? Do you mean Z6?
Anyway I haven't tried Zaino, but I plan on getting some and using it in the spring, everyone says zaino is the best polish they have ever used and, I hear it's best on black or dark cars, really shines :cool:

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Josh S said:
Do you mean Z6?
Oh, ya! Hehehe... That's what I meant. Z6. :D

The results are certainly more evident on dark colored cars. :) However, even on light colored cars the shine is very nice. I like to put it this way, light colored cars aren't supposed to shine as much as they do after Zaino. :D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
:confused:

Jeez, wtf... lol...

I haven't waxed the car yet, but it's been fairly dry recently and I'm going to do it probably tomorrow or sunday. What do you recommend and in what exact sequence.... You guys confused me with your multiple opinions, lol

·
Registered
847 Posts
I put 2 coats of Z6 between each layer of Z2 & Z5 :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
CODY690 said:
i use Zimol the blue wax it works great
I've tried that before. Yes, it's great but still can't be compared to Zaino~ Mainly because it doesn't leave a wet look like Zaino does and it doesn't last long since it is liquid wax.

Liquid Wax = Shortest Life
Liquid Polish Wax = Medium Life
Hard Wax = Long Life
Zaino = You always need :cool: to look at your car :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts