Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I leave the headlight setting in the "auto" position, it doesn't always turn off the lights when leaving the vehicle. Sometimes it works correctly. But many times I turn off the engine, open the door and it starts beeping at me, warning me that the lights are stil on. But in the automatic position this should never happen, right? I should be able to leave it there and forget it.

Doesn't seem to work. I tried exiting the vehicle even though it's beeping at me and waiting a minute to see if the lights will eventually go out, but they don't.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
91 Posts
cjb,

The lights on the RL can be set to go off after a pre-programmed time (which is set on by default). When I exit my car in the garage (dark), the lights are on, but turn off after about 10 seconds or so....are you sure you are really waiting a minute?
If you want to have your lights turn off immediately, you can set them this way using the driver option settings.

Pete

·
Registered
13 Posts
One design defect is that the car will chime with the headlamp switch in the auto position if the lights have been on. That drives everyone nuts. You can circumvent this by turning the switch to on and back to auto after you've turned off the car. Even with the chiming, the lights should still shut off after the configured amount of time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks. Apparently I wasn't waiting long enough and was fooled by the chiming. I just set it down to 15 seconds and indeed, even though it beeped at me (annoying) the lights did go out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah the chime thing is IMO silly since they are in the auto position.

I set my preference to have the lights shut off as soon as the door is closed.:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
The chime is too annoying for me so I am just skipping the auto setting. Probably will be fixed for the 2006 RL. I wonder if they can do a software reset for the 2005s? That would be a nice fix!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am surprised it is that annoying to some. With me, when I open the door I get out and close the door. Chime on for a couple seconds...so it isn't really annoying so much as it is sill and pointless to have on the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem with the chime is that it leaves you unsettled. Is it the stupid headlight bug? Is one of the doors ajar? Is there something else the car is trying to tell you? There's no way to know.

If it worked like it should (and like every other car works), yes the lights would still be on, so you can see your way into the house, but since the car is not complaining about anything you know everything is OK.

I have found myself peeking back a couple minutes later just to make sure the lights really did go out, and I'm not gonna wake up to dead battery.

Slightly annoying, but now that I know it works I guess I'll get over it ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts