Acura Legend Forum banner

PROBLEMS WITH ACURA CD-CHANGER

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  nepelsopon 
#1 ·
Hi everyone;

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my stereo system to work properly. I own a 1991 Legend Coupe. It the Bose Stock equiptment. I just purchased an Acura CD-changer from a 1993 Legend Sedan. The person who sold it to me said it would work with my system. I plugged the DIN's together in the trunk, turned the car on, pushed the eject button and the cartridge came out. I loaded the cartridge with 5 cd's, put it back into its slot and switched the radio so that I could use the cd-changer (by pressing the am/fm button). All I would see was a "--:-" that was blinking and blinking. I turned the car off, went to the back and tried to eject the cartridge and it would NOT come out. I turned the car back on, went to see if the cartridge would eject and it would not. This time there was the follwing on the display "E-06". That is all that shows up on the display every time I try to control the cd-changer. I took the cartridge out by using a thin ruler (followed the directions in the alpine website) but everytime I put the cartridge back in, I get the same error message.
Does anyone know what the "E-06" means??
Any help would be appreciated.

Nelson

#3 ·
Didn't mean to sound ignorant, or that I was too lazy to read....... but I forgot to mention that I bought the changer from e-bay, and it was not sold to me with a owner's manual. (The 91 Legend also did not come with an owners manual. )
Does anyone know what needs to be done or what has been done to correct this error, or to try to trouble shoot it?
If it would have to be sent out for repair, would anyone reccomend a shop that services this equiptment??

Thanks once again;

Nelson

#6 ·
ohhh thats helpful the kid pulled it out and the thing says to pull it out....hmmmmm that didn't come off the wrong way did it:confused: :D

#7 ·
It could be that the you forgot to get the little 1 ft long adapter. is just dirty or bad. At only ($20) try replacing that first. If that doesn't work, head to a local Tweeter or audio component store and ask (real nicely) if their tech guy can plug an Alpine CHM-S630 or CHM-S620 into your car just to help you trouble shoot!!

Actually it would be easier if you caled in with your changer in hand and asked him to plug yours into one of their many wall mounted units.

#8 ·
nepelsopon - since it is a stock changer, then you don't need any sort of adapter (as someone mentioned). the thing i thought of right off was this: are you sure you inserted the cd's with the label facing the right way? if i remeber correctly, i loaded a cassette of cd's with the labels facing backwards one time, and there were error codes that showed up at that time. as long as you were able to get the cartrige out with all of the cd's you put in it (hopefully one is not stuck in the changer), then read the fine print on the changer cassette to make sure that the labels are facing the right way. good luck,

wally

#12 ·
Henderson,
These are the instructions on the www.apline1.com website on how to remove the magazine:

"......To manual eject out the magazine, take a thin plastic ruler (at least 5-1/2" in length) and slip it between the bottom of the magazine and the changer. Now, push in. This will hit a release button in the back. If the magazine does not eject, you will need to send the unit in to be serviced. To locate the nearest authorized service center to you call 1-800-ALPINE-1........."

When you slide the thin "ruler" between the magazine and the cd changer make sure you slide it in right in the middle (where the x is):

| |______________________________________| |
| x |
--------------------------------------------------------------------

That is where the release clip is (at least on the cd changer I have).

The following is the link where I found this information.

http://www.alpine1.com/html/D2_n_44_35_n.html

Hope I could be of some help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.