Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have a 1990 Acura Legend Coupe and I am having a hard time getting the key out of the ignition after I shut the car off. Has anyone ever stumbled accross this problem before? And if so is there anything I can do to rectify it because it is getting harder and harder to remove the key. Thanks and have a very Merry Christmas everyone.

· Registered
156 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think it has to do with the neutral safety switch... My wife had an 90 integra that suffered from this every winter... When it is really cold out, my Legend does this as well...

One way to check to see when it is OK to pull the keys out is to look for the shift indicator light light around the "P"... When the neutral safety switch starts acting up in the cold, and you cannot remove your keys, you will notice that the light indicator around the "P" is not on... If you wait a minute or so in Park, or move your shifter from Park to Neutral and then back to Park, you will then see the light around the "P" illuminate... ** This is when you know it is OK to get your keys out of the ignition...

I hope this helps...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.