Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My steering wheel stopped moving, and of course when it was at its highest point. I thought it was the motors, so I found two at the junk yard but they didn't work either. My in and out have always been out, but my up and down have always worked. I could hear the relay when I pressed the up button, and when I removed the motor, the up and down motor actually moved one way, but not the other way. I could only hear the relay click in that one of four directions on the knob.

I guess my question is, where are the relays, and has this happened to anyone before. Also, if anyone needs a motor, let me know. There quick to replace.
thanks for any help. I have two in a junk yard that I can pull from, but I don't know what to pull.
thanks
Kenny

Also, has anyone changed the LEDs on the gauge cluster. I have doing them for Scions and plan to try mine. I haven't pulled it apart yet to see what kind of LEDs.

· Registered
62 Posts
There is no relay for the steering column, instead its simply a fuse. It is located in the under-hood fuse/relay box. It is the same fuse for the power mirrors, so if your mirrors are working its not a fuse. If thats the case, I got a flowchart that we can use to work through the problem.

As for the LEDs in the dash, I've had to replace most of mine. It started with one light out behind the speedometer. But everytime I reinserted the meter assembly, another bulb(s) went out. I recommend you take out the two meter fuses before you touch the meter assembly. There is one in the under-hood box and another in the under-dash box.

For both fuse locations, check you owners manual as it is difficult to descibe in words. Hope this helps!

· Registered
26 Posts
Be cautious with the sterring moto control. My telescope has never worked on my car so I thought I would investigate a bit. I traced all the wires to a pretty complex box tucked way under the dash next to the cruise control unit. I can push the button on the sw and here it clicking underneath but no movement. The only thing I can figure is that "box" is the problem, I find out that it also controls a ton of other stuff and really don't want to know how much it cost.
I ended up blowing some fuses, the SRS light stuck on, steering wheel got stuck, took me another 2 hours to troubleshoot all the small things that went wrong just by digging around..
My only advise take out the driver seat (more room) and tread slowly on all the wires under there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.