Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week I had an Alpine cda-7893 and some infinity components installed. i noticed that when i turn the volume up loud like above 14 the lights on the buttons dim and flicker. the car was bought with an fm modulator which no longer works. Does anyone know why it does this, do I need to take it back?

thanks in advance for anny help.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
loose connection, orange wire in the back of the HU, the illumination wire.:confused:

Or defetive unit, take it back and get another one and try and see if the same problem occur.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Take it back to the shop and tell them to do it exactly how Alpine instructs them to do it. That V-drive system in that HU requires you to connect the yellow (power) wire directly to the battery. Most likley the shop got lazy and connected it to the power source behind the dash, which can only supply it with very little power. The HU should be hooked up like an Amp. If they deny this statment, ask them to take out a box of a new 7893, it will have that statement right in it.

BTW very good choice in HU. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. i will take it back monday or mabye tomorrow. btw, circuit city installed the HU, so they probably got lazy. I got full warranties and all that bs and i paid for full labor. i will definately go back. thanks again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hmm CCity did that? That certain installer got lazy then. Alpine is CCity's flagship supplier, with out Alpine CCity is nothing. How do I know?, hell I'm a Salesman there. We sell Alpine the most, and that salesman did Just go back and ask for them to connect the power to the battery.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I got the 7894 yesterday and I have the same problem, the lights on the deck dim slightly when I crank the volume up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chuck-Hu$tle, Where did you get it installed? The problem is mostlikely due to the HU not getting enough power or the illumination wire loose, as mentioned above. I had circuit city install a 10 guage wire directly from the battery to the HU, which is what alpine says to do in the manual. (mentioned above also) It works good now, slight dim at very high volumes though. the power kit was 30 + 15 labor = $45. They did drill through the firewall, is that ok?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I got it done at circut city also. I think I will go back and talk to them aout doing what they did for you. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.