Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys/Gals,

OK, firstly this question is about my Expedition, and I know that some people get pi$$ed off when we talk about other cars. If you are one of these people, then you probably won't want to read any further.

I just bought a 97 Expedition to match my Legend!!! It is the Eddie Bauer, 5.4L, 4x4. Anyway, I am having a few little problems and I was wondering if any of you might have any idea what I could do. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay Ford $100 to hook it up to their little diagnostic machine!!

Firstly, the pwer mirrors only move down and to the left, and will not move up or to the right. This is on both sides. Obviously it is getting power, and obviously the relay isn't the problem? Would this leave it down to the switch being the problem??

Secondly, the digital compass overhead always says East, whether it be SE, NE or just E. What's up with my West!!!!

If this was my Legend I'd be pulling stuff off it to find the problem, but I know nothing about Fords, or expeditions for that matter. Any ideas?? Thanks guys, and sorry for straying off the Legend subject. I tried to find an Expedition forum but it hasn't had a post in over a month!!! Thanks once again

·
Registered
99 Posts
well, i just like to fix cars so i'll give it a shot. :)

for the mirrors: my guess the switch since there is only one switch for both mirrors.

the compas: you're probably sol. those things have a tendency to fail. best bet is to replace it.

good luck.

·
Registered
580 Posts
HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM drinkdontdrive RECENTLY????

I NEED TO GET IN CONTACT WITH HIM ASAP ON SOME PARTS
I AM WAITING ON.

Thanks

·
meber
978 Posts
James S said:
HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM drinkdontdrive RECENTLY????

I NEED TO GET IN CONTACT WITH HIM ASAP ON SOME PARTS
I AM WAITING ON.

Thanks
I will try to track him down. He lives in Tulsa also and I have bought a few things from him. I know he was moving across town and was going on vacation. I will see what I can do for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts