Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car was fine! Nothing wrong with it except for the fact that my antenna wasn't going down and that my brakes were squeeking a little. I took it into the shop and they grinded down the brake pads and unplugged the motor for the antenna. They told me it would be a few hundred to replace the motor for the antenna to which I said "forget it" and went on my way.

NOW, EVERYTIME I turn on my car, ALL my radio stations have been reset (all go to 87.9 even if I have just set them for 105.3, 107.1, etc etc), my clock says the time when my car was last turned off, and my equalizer for the radio is all flattened out. No matter what I do to try and fix it, it always does this. It's been only 2 days now but it's seriously annoying! Everytime I get in my car, I have to reprogram my stations, my equalizer, and clock.

Does anyone have any clue as to what happened. I took it back to him today and he said it just is "coincedence" that my radio and clock are doing that just after they fixed it. While I like the guy a lot, I don't think it's "just coincedence". I have never had this problem before. He said all the fuses were fine and he doesn't think he did anything that affected it.

Anyone else have any clues? THANKS!

My email is: [email protected]

·
Registered
135 Posts
It sounds like you have somehow lost the 12 volt power supply that powers the memory for your radio etc. It should be hot all the time. Fuse number 1 , which is a 7.5 amp fuse in the dash fuse box is the hot to the stereo and the antenna. Also number 23 (40 amp) in the under hood relay box. You might check those out. I will e-mail you the schematic

·
Mo*or Mo**h
1,722 Posts
I understand from reading some of the posts in the Audio section that the power wire from the radio to the antenna has additional functions. Disconnecting the power to the antenna likely affected your settings.

...just guessing.

Try plugging the antenna back in and see if the problem persists.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.