Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you 1996-1998 guys with the fluted lenses might be curious as to how to clear the fluted lines off the lenses as well as retrofit a bi-xenon projector into your headlamps.

Some of you 1999-2004 guys might want to switch from D2R to D2S, but use the existing ballasts and igniters that are already on the car.

look no further, I found the DIY that was in an issue of HONDATUNING awhile back.

for you 1996-1998 guys I recommend the bi-xenon setup...any bi-xenon that is not made by Bosch is good from what I hear.

1999-2004 guys, any non-Bosch bi-xenon or single-xenon setup will work.

me personally...I think I'm going to go with the projectors out of an '06 RL...hehehe

HID Conversion | Acura RL Enthusiast at Automotive.com

·
B.K.A Runa
1,291 Posts
I actually have that magazine with that article. I'm just terrified I'll fuck up my
headlights

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A guy in australia did a retro on a 99-04 He posted it up here...i have to find it

EDIT:

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f29/s2000-retrofit-2000-honda-legend-100482/

There you go:)
Yeah that's why I'm doing it lol. Honestly, the reflector setup on the 99-04 RL isn't all that great. It's bright, but it lacks the throw of the projectors that I would prefer.

I actually have that magazine with that article. I'm just terrified I'll fuck up my
headlights
I'm feelin' you on that one. That's why I'm buying the projectors and letting someone else do the install. I can get it set up just the way I want to and not have to worry about me fucking it up.

I just bought some Hella projectors and I'm gonna have the dudes black out the bezel and the reflector bowls and maybe throw in some CCFLs or something.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you are looking for bi-xenon go for the acura Tls, theres not much point to it thou IMO since we have a seperate H1 high beam. But for single xenon you can't beat a S2000 projectors. Can't wait to see how your ones turn out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts