Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if anyone has ever customly put acura TL projectors in there legend i know you would have to do some cutting but i wonder how hard it would be or if its possible at all i was thinking they probably wouldnt be to expensive if you found some at a junkyard. anyone ever done this?

· Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
Cory23 said:
does anyone know if anyone has ever customly put acura TL projectors in there legend i know you would have to do some cutting but i wonder how hard it would be or if its possible at all i was thinking they probably wouldnt be to expensive if you found some at a junkyard. anyone ever done this?
its just as involved as any other projector setup

the advantage to the the TL projectors is that you wont have to make a shroud around the projectors to keep the light in.

the TL projectors are expensive but many say they're they best if you want to go bi-xenon.

they're made by stanley which makes the tsx projectors

i think on this forum so far i've seen TSX/A6/BMW Bosch-Bixenons cant remember off the top of my head.

Im about to do an Audi bi-xenon setup in my headlamps...

btw i think they're alot easier to find on ebay than at junkyards.

· Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
bmw are the only ones that have angel eyes...

people have done angel eyes on the legend b4

the problem with our headlights is that low beam light leakes into the high beam area

and the oval shape of the chrome trim doesnt match circular angel eyes...

ballistic has retrofitted oem headlights onto his car... is the whole headlamp assembly though...

btw they do sell the trim for bmw headlights... you could cut those and hack them to fit the usdm or jdms or whatever your getting

· Eliot
2,231 Posts
I dont think its too hard to wire them up, all you need to wire and solder together is the ballast to the harness that your headlights already have. at least thats as far as I think so lol, you just gotta search around. Not here in these forums though, there isnt a complete DIY just a halfway through one. you gotta search on HID forums or retrofitting forums.

· Junior Mint
629 Posts
The TL projectors have the solenoid at the bottom which make mounting them more challenging. You'll most likely run into clearance issues with the solenoid.

But the TL projectors have pretty good output and a nice cutoff line. If you put some clear lenses on them, they perform even better. The RS6 bixenons are also pretty good.

If you go with a bixenon projector you'll have to wire the HID ballast to the low beam, and then wire the + from the high beam to the + of the solenoid.

Here's a pic of my almost completed retrofit for my other car. TSX projectors in the top, TLs with clear lenses in the bottom. You can see that I had to cut around the bezel to make room for the solenoid.

I think TSX projectors would be easier to retrofit on the Legend. I have A4 projectors on my Legend, small pic in the sig.

· Registered
1 Posts
I am in the process of a TL projector retro in my jdms and in my opinion TLs are by far the best but you will have to cut the back hole out at the top of the light and and the bottom slightly because of the silenoid you could not cut the botom but the projector would not sit in the middle of the light it would sit up high and you probably would not have full adjustability they are the best but the bigest and the hardest to retro in are lights.

· Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
a projector can be either single xenon or bi-xenon

single xenon means its just low beams

cars that came with single xenons had high beam reflectors meaning quad-lights like the BMWs

bi-xenons means their is a solenoid that flips the low beam shield and makes more light come out of the projectors to give more output in light at a higher angle so you get a high beam effect. you can check khoerling's thread of his E55's to see the difference between a low beam and high beam

so that means bi-xenons only use 2 lamps. one for driver side and one for pass. side.
once you hit the high beam switch it switches the solenoids on both the projectors

you'll have to wire the solenoids with a diode inline if you're getting bi-xenons.

if you're getting JDMs to retrofit. then its best to go with bi-xenon since JDM headlamps have only one reflector for both high and low.

the other section where our USDM high beam section is their fog light section.

but you only need bi-xenon if you need to use high beams.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.