Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the proper PSI should be for tires with 18" rims? I have 235/40/18 on a coupe and not sure what the PSI should be. any help would be apreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
don't u go by wot the tire says on it? If u look on the tire itself it says te max ur suppossed to have.

latin.................

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
so if the tire says max pressure is 44psi, i should pump it up to that pressure? i always thought we should pump it like a a few psi lower to compensate for temperature increase in the tire.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I always put in a little less. However, I believe less pressure can negatively affect your gas mileage, but less pressure can also increase traction. Not sure about it, though.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Legend4life

whats up man? yeah a couple people who have the 235/40/18 say they get alot of rubbing but i guess they must have really low offsets. I have a 43 offset and the only time ive ever heard rubbing is when there is like 2 people in the backseat ( which is usually never) and i make a U turn...so id say if your offset is 43 or higher you should be pretty safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts