Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got pulled over today by chp on the 5 fwy. It is my first time getting pulled over in the legend. The cop was such a dick, he said my driving was fine but he pulled me over because my front windows were tinted. The messed up thing was he just pulled someone over right before me and pulled right behind me for less than 2 seconds and then pulled me over. My tints in the front are not even dark, they are light tints. I think he ticketed me becasue they have to make some kind of monthly quota of tickets towards the end of the month or year. I so freaken mad, i only had thoses tints for less than 3 weeks. Half the cars on the road have tints, there are even people with tints that are all messed up and bubbly (how can the see anything), but he pulls me over.

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
Do they have "safety inspections" in CA? In VA, we have mandatory yearly inspections, and front tint is a no-no, you fail if you have it and your car can't be registered/licensed. Personally, I think it is a good idea to outlaw windshield tinting because I am sure that there are more idiots out there who would put WalMart tint on their windshield that would bubble up and still drive--making the roads oh-so-much safer for all of us.

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
s55lear said:
hey duck where are you in NOVA?
I'm in Manassas. Fliplegend apparently works in Manassas and Jose3030 is in Alexandria, and there are a couple/few others of us around here...

· Registered
247 Posts
i got pulled over for that in my old coupe, i had 5% tint all around except for front...lol
it was a fix it ticket for $12

dont worry man, worry when you get pulled over by a CHP for doing 120 on the 105 East...like i did...lol

· Premium Member
9,575 Posts
duck said:
I'm in Manassas. Fliplegend apparently works in Manassas and Jose3030 is in Alexandria, and there are a couple/few others of us around here...
i have fam WAY down in the South Hill area, and everytime we drove down 95 to get there or come home, and as a kid id always laugh my ass off at your exit (Manassas & Dumfries) :giggle: :giggle:

/random :(

· Registered
116 Posts
i feel your pain too. it sucks. i got pulled over by state patrol on memorial day. with my 20% tint. she came up to me and asked me if i knew how dark my tint was. i was like uhh.. 27%..(co legal limit) then she measure the darkness of the tint at 19%. she gave me a ticket =\ stupid. so i decided to take off my tint cause i was scared of getting pulled over again. but a week later i got limo tint. :giggle:

· know 'm ool
1,430 Posts
seems like everyone is getting tickets at the end of the year. maybe it's a yearly quota, haha

i'm just gonna stay off the road till sunday, just to be safe. I have ~20% all around which by your method is probably medium. Usually tints are roughly around 50%, 35%, 20%, 15%, 5%, i think. never had a problem with mine yet *knock on wood*, but i'm always scared, and roll down my windows a lot.

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
Daddymac117 said:
i have fam WAY down in the South Hill area, and everytime we drove down 95 to get there or come home, and as a kid id always laugh my ass off at your exit (Manassas & Dumfries) :giggle: :giggle:

/random :(
The joke around here is if you live along Route 234 between Dumfries and Manassas, you live in the DumAssas area...

· Registered
234 Posts
No matter where you are they all want your money :mad: They are just revenue making. But lucky they dont care how dark your tint is on your car over here. My legend tint is so dark its hard to see in.

· Life Ruiner
4,868 Posts
i have 38% up front and have been cited 4-5 times. each time i go to the police station and have this one guy sign it off. he agrees with me that its rediculous, even when its his local PD thats doing the citing. everytime its been 10 bucks after its signed off. once it was 80 because the cop felt like giving me the fine instead of a "fix it" ticket.

~TRu Hybrid

· Metro Legends Baby!!!
640 Posts
I'm from NOVA too and I've been pulled for having 35% all around but i got off with a warning :D It's mess how in Maryland which is just an hour away my tint is the legal limit. I personally don't think 35% all around is all that dark, I've seen alot darker.

· Registered
51 Posts
I live in the Minneapolis area of Minnesota and I have 30% tint all around and have not been pulled over yet. I've had the tint for over 6 months. My buddy's Trans Am has 15% all around and was pulled over for no front license plate and just got a warning for the tint. I don't think they care that much here in Minnesota!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.