Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who don't know, I had my coupe vandalized a little over a month ago with deep scratches to the paint and a kicked in door panel.

The bodyshop I'm taking it to is one of the best in the city, which is one reason why I had to wait so long to take it in.

Anyways, hopefully I get it back this Friday. The entire car is being painted and every imperfection on the body (dings, dents) are being fixed :D

It'll look better than new when this guy is done with it!

And here's my favourite part!... i'm changing the colour slightly. I decided to paint it BMW colour code 416. This is the BMW Carbon Black Metallic that they offer only on the M3s and M5s. It's like a "frosty" black. Can't wait to see it.

For now I'm driving a rental from my insurance.

Once it's out of the bodyshop, I'll probably have a week to enjoy her until she's going into the mechanic to fix my head gasket and a bunch of other secret projects :cool:

G

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
sorry to hear about the haters effin wit yo sheeeit, but on the flipside glad to hear about the work. you'll have to throw up some pics when she's done, that paint job should be ill.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

The rental is a Mazda Protoge 4dr, the one with the 2.0L. Although it's better than the Ford Taurus that they gave me for a day about a week ago, I'm already missing my Legend badly! :(
Also i've never driven automatic for awhile so it's back to lazy drivin (no offense to your auto. guys, but it's amazin how much chillin time you got when not having to change gears).

I was just lookin up specs on my rental, 0-60 in 11s, 1/4 mile in 18.2 :rolleyes: (sigh).

I should have gone to budget and at least get myself a Mustang convertable but I don't know how much the insurance will want me doing that.

I wish I had the $$ for a bodykit right now cause now is perfect to have the bodyshop prep one and put it on!

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure exactly how much it's going to cost me. The insurance is covering a majority of the cost. They estimated $3000 USD to give the body shop to do the whole job, howver they subtracted my deductable ($190) and a bettermant charge ($500) which is a fee you pay to upgrade the value of your car and stuff since you're upgraded a 7 year old paing job.

The bodyshop is one of the best in the city and they do charge a little more so he's going to quote me the difference but it shouldn't be much. I also told him to replace my windshield which is cracked.

You have to be careful when making drastic paint colour changes like from white to black as it might cost you alot more to paint your door jams and inside the engine bay to match the colour. Going from a black to a different black, he doesn't have to worry about door jams and engine bay as it'll be hard to tell the difference. it's alot fo work to paing the door jams properly.

This bodyshop doesn't just mask and paint, they remove all the trims, rubber seals and lights from the car, mask the rest and paint. Such that when everything is put on, including new trims and rubber seals, you won't be able to tell it was re-painted as the paint goes into all the cracks.

This guy has many customers with Ferrari, Porshce, etc...

G

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Godfather

I'm in T.O. too and I need to get some body work done. Can you give me the name and address/number of that auto bodyshop.

Hey and get a picture up here!!! I'd really like to see the results!!! Thanks man.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Hey Godfather, sorry to hear about what the *******s did, but at least the Legend is gonna look much more better and I love that damm black on the M5, cant wait to see how it looks on a Legend. Just be patient for a few more days and you'll be ok after that.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hey godfather....
Can you point me to some good shops up there? Im getting a kit soon and want to take it to T.O for a few reasons
1 EXCHANGE RATE
2 heard theres some good shops up there
Im looking to get all bumpers put on and color blended to my car. Thanks

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Trixiem...word of the wise...not good idea to change color of car from white to black.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hey G, where you getting it done at?

Hey Const...

I'm looking for a good body shop in TO to get my car done as well... If you pass me over some contact information so I can inquire about getting my car painted? Thanks G

Jay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.