Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i'm gonna be puttin a deposit down on a legend i'm lookin at tomorrow, it's a 94L with the Bose system, if i wanna get a CD changer in there without sacrificing sound, will i have to get an OEM changer, or is there another brand that's easier to find that i can get and still have it function through the OEM headunit? also, is the car pre-wired for a CD changer? thanks in advance :)

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I know there is the Alpine S-620 which I believe needs an adapter to work and there are also the newer Alpine units which also need an adapter but I cant remember the model numbers. Check Ebay for alpine changers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
cd changer

Any alpine cd changer with prefix CHM at da end will fit da pre-wire 4 da cd changer. I just bought a cd changer alpine s611-CHM with an adapter wire. I just tried it today and it worked like a charm. Good Luck!

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man, how much was it? what's the price range on the changers that fit? thanks :)

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so let me get this straight, i have to get an Alpine changer with the prefix CHM, AND an adapter wire? or does that specific changer fit the OEM wiring in the trunk? thanks :)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
You need to get an Alpine CD changer with the CHM prefix.
Once you get that you will ALSO need a an Adapter to make it work right with it.

Alpine CHM series run from $140+ the newest one is like over $200 I think. Adapter can range from $20-35. Some people make the adapter themselves (I think ChrisK has). not sure what the process for that is though.

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
No problem, does the car have the Tin already? It's a black plastic thing.. my car didn't come with the CD changer nor the tin, Which leads me to believe the previous owner sold it. I'm looking into a CHM Alpine CD changer as well

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i'm pretty sure i saw the tin, i haven't bought the car yet, so i need to take a closer look, but i put a deposit and should pick it up tuesday night (banks are closed this monday :( ) can't wait to pick it up,thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Ya, just search ebay for "Acura CD Changer". There are always tons on there...I was an idiot and payed $250 for mine from ebay when I first got my car...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Or you could also look for the odler Alpine changers that the OEM was made from. Those would be 5951z, 5952s, 5957, 5957s, and even the 5959, and 5959s.

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey guys, how much is the adapter and where can i find one? best buy? radio shack? or what? also where do i look for the cable in the trunk, it's not under the tin, but i haven't looked under the liner...

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyone? guess i stumped y'all huh?:D lol jp :)

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Well,

91LSMAN said:
The Adapter is about $35. I don't know where to buy it by itself, when I went to Cartoys I told them Acura Legend with stock head unit and they said ok. 15 minutes later (they are good) I was listening to cds.
thanks 91LSMAN, now i know how much the adapter is so i don't get ripped off :).
Did anyone happen to install the changer theirselves that could tell me where the wire is? i looked under the bin in the trunk and found the wire for the cell phone antenna i think it is, but i can't find the cd one, is it behind the trunk lining or should it be in plain sight? thanks again :)

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Re: Re: Well,

DSMKiller said:

thanks 91LSMAN, now i know how much the adapter is so i don't get ripped off :).
Did anyone happen to install the changer theirselves that could tell me where the wire is? i looked under the bin in the trunk and found the wire for the cell phone antenna i think it is, but i can't find the cd one, is it behind the trunk lining or should it be in plain sight? thanks again :)
It's right there where you found the cell phone antenna. There should be two more cables. One more for the cell phone, and one for the changer. Keep looking, you'll find it. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts