Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am getting a job soon and with the money I make from my first few checks I am thinkin about makin a mod on my Legend. I am thinkin about getting the Weapon R "Dragon" intake. Is this a good idea? I have been reading a lot about it and it sounds tight. Well let me know what I should do. Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well where is a good place to buy the Weapon R "DRAGON" intake? I saw it somewhere for around $168 or so.?.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not seeing it there. Could you maybe give me an exact link or just tell me where to go. Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Personally, I would just go with a custom made cold air intake. What's the point of spending that much money (Weapon R) on a short ram intake? I had my CAI built for 80 bucks, and that included a filter and install. The only thing I provided was the short ram part of the pipe, and it doesn't matter who makes that part cuz they're all the same anyway.

-GR

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So Brandon, if I buy that, it has everything that I need to install the thing myself right? Or what?

·
Banned
759 Posts
Save your money get the NON - METAL RM RACING INTAKE then I will hook you up with a great price on a CAI extension, BEST MOD EVER and you wont regret it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright well gimme some more info about what ur talking about and maybe a website. Thanks.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Obstruktion said:
So Brandon, if I buy that, it has everything that I need to install the thing myself right? Or what?
well from what i can see... yes, it does include everything needed for installation, but i cant gurantee it. right now my intake is completly stock, but honestly im thinking about doing what GenIILegend said, go completely custom. custom CAI's have some pretty good results (look at Dv8, but he doesnt run a filter), so i think itll turn out pretty good. what i might do is order that kit from importtoys and do a few modifications to it.

-brandon

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hmm... What to do what to do.. I need some more info. ;)
So can u guys give me some more info on the Custom CAI's and stuff and where I can get it and all that. Thanks.

·
Registered
760 Posts
well you can get an idea for a custom CAI from this site: http://www.teamdelsol.com/howto/coldair/diycoldair.htm. its for a prelude but its the same basic principle. its actually really simple, an intake is basically just a tube comming from the engine (in paticular the throttlebody), this tube runs down to the front of the car and has a filter on the end.

its really pretty simple.

-brandon

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Besides, Leo from Weapon R does not pay attention to detail.

I have a 93 Legend 6speed.
Dude sends me a G1 intake.

DUH.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
definatly go with the importtoys intake. or you could check out DV8s cai that he is making, you will do better as far as hp with cold air than regular. I got mine from importtoys and it is so easy to put on. email them attn marcus. he will give you the price and make sure its shipped very promptly.
peace
tnelson

·
Registered
760 Posts
tnelson said:
definatly go with the importtoys intake. or you could check out DV8s cai that he is making, you will do better as far as hp with cold air than regular. I got mine from importtoys and it is so easy to put on. email them attn marcus. he will give you the price and make sure its shipped very promptly.
peace
tnelson
whats "the price"? $89 + shipping is cheap enough :) how is the actual product? does the picture show everything you get? can you take some pics of it? Dv8 has a good package, but you cant beat the $89 price, hes asking like $210 for it. im sure its a SWEET kit but its a bit too pricy for me. im competitive to all the other retail kits so someone in the market might consider his kit over retailed ones.

-brandon

·
Registered
449 Posts
Personally, I would just go with a custom made cold air intake. What's the point of spending that much money (Weapon R) on a short ram intake? I had my CAI built for 80 bucks, and that included a filter and install. The only thing I provided was the short ram part of the pipe, and it doesn't matter who makes that part cuz they're all the same anyway.
There difference is that when you buy a WR or an Akimoto intake or any non-generic brand you'll be able to pass smog w/o putting back your stock intake in. WR and AKimoto are legal to use for smog.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tnelson said:
peace
tnelson
So this is not gonna be a rip off if i buy it right? It is a good intake and comes with everything I will need to install? Also, how easy is it to install (time length)? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
it comes with one piece of hose. you can use the stock hoses for the other two, but you will want more length. take the hoses to autozone or oriellys or pep boys and get a foot of each, then it will take about 25? minutes, depending on how good you are. you can get a hold of me or leon if you have aim. i can tell you how to do it. or even easier, go to legend.org and there is a long description on how to do it. you will end up with a bunch of metal hoses that the intake hoses used to run through and it is attached to one colant line, you can pull that off of the block and cut it and remove all of the metal and put the hose back on. youll spill some colant, then just do a colant bleed and it will run great.
BTW. dont listen to typeRkon. an intake is just a metal pipe and a filter. so as cheap as you can get it for is the best deal. you can make any intake into a cai.

yes it is a good deal. go to the site and find where to send them e-mail, send one , Attn:marcus. tell him tnelson sent you and you want to purchase a non tcs legend intake. he can send you a paypal request. it took a week for paypal and 3 days to get it. so a total of 8 days from order to getting it. he buys his filters from K&N i think. its good stuff.
have fun, it sounds great.
sorry for the long post
peace
tnelson

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Hey man thanks for the great info! I will be getting the intake probably in about 1 month or so. After I have time to get a job once the summer starts. I start driving in 23 days! I cant wait.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts