Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wasup everyone,
I'm in the process of upgrading my system and i'm gonna need a capacitor because i'm gonna be running a JBL 1200watt amp to two 12" kicker solobaric L5's. I was wondering if there is really a different among brands. I know lightning cap makes some good ones, but i have also found some cheap prices on some that legacy makes. the stats look about the same for the legacy as they do for the lightning cap, so should i get the cheap one, or would i be much happier with the lightning cap?? please reply quick, wanna get project boom under way. thanks guys

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
Use a second battery, stay away from caps if you can. SVR and Optima make decently small second batteries, they're easy to hook up too.

Let me know if you need my help.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i have an optima yellowtop in the back along with 3 1 farad caps. i'm pretty sure the caps are worthless. the only reason i have em is becauase it's chrome with blue LED displays. it look really good in my setup.
i say, for the price of a good cap, you're better off with getting an optima battery.
-j

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys

hey luvmylegend,
where can i get those small batteries you were talking about? and how much, how do you install those? same question to azinpride.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
what guage wire do you have running to your trunk from the front? if it's a 4 guage, hook that up to your new battery and ground u'r second battery. then power u'r stereo from the second battery just as you would do in the front battery.
if you wanna get cute, install either a 150-200 amp circuit breaker or relay to separate the 2 power sources. but you should be fine in just leaving both batteries connected.

you can pick up an optima battery at any stereo shop or ebay. just do a search for optima yellow. they'll run you about 150 plus shipping.

-j

·
Registered
247 Posts
Battery

I wanted to do the same thing, hook up an extra battery but this one would be a backup for my alarm. My question is this, will the alternator be able to handle both the main battery and also a small back up one like the one that you guys mentioned?

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's all I needed to hear. Nice set up by the way.

·
Registered
247 Posts
TESTING SIGNATURE

·
Registered
247 Posts
1 more test.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts