Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be getting a set of wheels from a 2002 CL Type-S, I know I need to do something to the holes so they will fit but I don't know exactly what size or where I would go to do this, will somebody please let me know, thanks.

·
Banned
2,930 Posts
you need to get the hub bored to 70.1...the lug pattern is the same and there should be no rubbing...the cl-s rim is 17x7 and the proper oem tire is 215/50/17. basically just get the hub bored...any machine/fabrication shop should do it for you...cost about $100 for all four. oh yeah and if you find an extra set let me know cause i might go the cl-s route too. thanks andrew

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Wow, all us Legend owners might be going with CL-S/TL-S rims huh. I have a contact and a deal working and I may be getting some TL-S rims later this year or so. If I go that route, I will no longer have my 17" Manarays as that is invloved in the deal. Since I finally got my 95 trunk lid on, (The 95 OEM spoiler still needs to be painted so I couldn't put that on yet) I'm looking to mellow out my car a little and make it look more like an updated current Acura, as if Acura release a retro updated Legend :)

By the way, both CLS/TLS rims have a 55 offset, while the CL is 7" wide and the TL is 6/5". Both use the same stock tire at what Jigga mentioned above. It will be a perfect offset for the Legend.

G

·
Should I buy TL-S or CL-S rims? I know that there is a .5" difference between them...which are better? I read an old post that said something along the lines of the TL-S rims looking cleaner or something along those lines...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
Should I buy TL-S or CL-S rims? I know that there is a .5" difference between them...which are better? I read an old post that said something along the lines of the TL-S rims looking cleaner or something along those lines...
If you can find that post take a look at the pictures of each. I like the TL-S rims look better, but wish I had the wider CL-S rims. I'm going with TL-S rims for the look. It has a lip along the edge where the CL-S rims are flat and flush. It is a matter of taste between the two, unless that .5" really matters that much to you.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Heck no. In fact, since both rims use a +55 offset, those rims will be well tucked inside the fender. It will be a little wider than the Legend rims at +65, but much better than the aftermarket rims we all use ranging from +42- +50 offsets.

The 225 tire would be about the max I'd go in the TL-S rims, and I myself might stick to a 215/50/17 (stock size) or 215/45/17. If I had that extra 1/2" from the CL-S rims, I would definately run the 225/45/17 tires that am using on my 17X7 rims right now.

G

·
I was hoping that I could find a good deal on CL-S or TL-S rims w/ tires that way I wouldn't have to spend more money on tires until later on down the road when they are needed!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just curious, but has anyone thought about using a set of the Prelude Type SH wheels? I was going to do the CL-S wheel thing, but I kind of like the clean 5 star OEM Honda look of the Type SH wheels, and I believe they are the same offset (still need to get the hubs bored out though).

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
LegendKing1 said:
Just curious, but has anyone thought about using a set of the Prelude Type SH wheels? I was going to do the CL-S wheel thing, but I kind of like the clean 5 star OEM Honda look of the Type SH wheels, and I believe they are the same offset (still need to get the hubs bored out though).
What size are the Prelude rims though? Since the Legend already comes with 16" rims (At least some do) many like the 17" upgrade.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
My opinion on this subject:

TL/S and CL/s rims on the legend looks crazy! I have not seen one in person but I catch myself wiping the drool from my chin every time I see a legend in a pic with those rims. I am defenitaly thinking of going with a set of those when I need some new shoes if I can find a pair for a good price. The one thing I love is that is still keeps the OEM look of the car but makes it look so sweet at the same. Go for it guys and post lots of pictures to make me jealous.... so I can jsutify spending the $2000 for rims and tires.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.