Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many people have a problem with their fuses or etc stopping their fans from running..
but what else can cause it to not run?

the reason i pose this question is because ever since i flushed my coolant system the fans dont run anymore. well not that i notice them. b4 i flushed the system everytime i turn the car off the fans would run to cool the engine.

BUT

was that only because my coolant was old and crappy?
i put in top top notch coolant into the system, and now the fans dont run when i turn the car off.. could that be because ... they dont need to due to the flush?

AND

just to be safe.... what about this "fan test" that i hear about? do i have to goto the mechanics to do that? or is it something i can do at home with some help

KEEP IN MIND ... hehe

that i did run my car for a while at home ... but the fans dont come on.. i dont know if its because the new coolant is good or the fans are broken AND my temp gauge in below middle. (normal temp) so over heating is not a problem at all

okok. the more i read my writing, the dumber i feel :confused: . but this is the best way i can ask this :p sorry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
probably because it's not getting hot anymore...if the fan works while you're driving, then i wouldn't be worried...if your car starts to overheat...then i would worry...

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes! another canadian!. welcome!.

yea i guess i have to wait for the weather to heat up and sit in traffic and see what happens.. if it doesnt over heat. im in the clear. i checked my fuses already .. they are fine .. so i guess its just not over heating anymore

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
i wouldn't worry. i just did my whole cooling system over and i have noticed the same thing. I know the fans are working properly because i see and here them come on, but they have only come on once after i shut my car off after the coolent flush. The reason my fans come on less; my car has been running at the proper temp and is not getting hot any more.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes !
these responses are giving me good thoughts.

k thats what i was thinking.. because my old coolant was more than a year old and was like water .... so i think my car was heating up too much b4.. but i bought the car like that so it was normal to me..

Thanks

·
FIXER
1,717 Posts
The fans come on after you turn it off if the oil temp is above 214 deg f. Sensor is located at the back of the passenger side head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts