Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..... my car went to Zeibart today and I asked them to get some factory matched touch up paint to do my small scars along the bottom of the doors. When I got the car back he said that the paint did not match, and that my car had been painted.

This is what my bottle says:

Y7-48086 00(Y)
next line: YR505M1- Cashmere Silver\

I though my car was champagne colored.

So what is the color of my car then? This kind of took me by surprise, and it freaked me out when I was told it was painted.

here is a link to my pics.....http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2396

·
Registered
127 Posts
The paint code should be on a sticker inside the driver's side door well. One part should say "Paint Code" and the other should be "Interior Color" or something like that. Tell us what the paint code is and then we can tell you what color you have.

·
I like shiny
14,417 Posts
After looking at the pictures, yes your Legend has been painted. On a 93 the lower moldings (sideskirts-whatever you want to call them) are black. My dad also has a 93 coupe and his are black. The ones on my 91 are black as well-you can look at my web page if you want to confirm what I am talking about. It looks like your legend was painted the same color as stock, but I might be thinking of a different year-newer color on older car maybe? I am just trying to help and thinking and typing whatever pops into my head. :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will go and get the code tomorrow when it is light out.

91LSMAN... I think you are right, I do remember that the lower trim is black on 93 legends, so it must have been painted.

Now that I think my suspicions are satisfied, is there anything bad about a new paint job that I should know about... like is it hiding major rust or something... or is it a cheap paint job....I am not really familiar with paint related problems and concerns.

Thanx for your help:)

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Your LT inside door label will provide the exterior color code.
If the vehicle has been repainted, there could be a color variance as often there are subtle differences between aftermarket mfgrs re their colors (formulas are not exactly the same). As the paint weathers, this also makes subtle color changes between old and new paint. This is the reason that repainting requires blending into adjacent areas/panels. Trying to apply touch-up paint, esp a metallic, will be next to impossible to apply w/o showing, due to inability to have the suspended particles uniform.

As to your concern as to why the vehicle has been repainted, you need to determine how much of the vehicle was repainted. You should also sight down each panel to see if you can detect any repairs. It could be that the previous owner just wanted to repair normal scratches and dings or the repaint could have been due to a major repair. Check around all exterior mouldings/trim for overspray.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You might also get a CarFax done on your car. Any major collisions or frame damage will be reported there, and might give you a better idea of what happened with your car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
L and LS had diff trim color

In 95 the L Coupe has the black lower trim and the LS has the body colored trim. I know this color scheme was used on many of the other year models too to diffeentiate the L and LS (at least in the coupe). My car is called cashmere gold but it's a 95 color.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Re: L and LS had diff trim color

95cashmerecoop said:
In 95 the L Coupe has the black lower trim and the LS has the body colored trim. I know this color scheme was used on many of the other year models too to diffeentiate the L and LS (at least in the coupe). My car is called cashmere gold but it's a 95 color.
Yes, the painted lower side and front/rear trims are black on ALL 91-95 Legends except for the 94-95 LS Coupes. Those are the only Legends to have painted lower trims. Even the GS Sedan is black.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Chris, I wanted to paint the trim on my L coupe and a body shop recommended against it. Maybe they didn't trust their own work. I like the LS look better. The L looks unfinished, seems lke a poor way to differentiate the 2 lines since they have to paint the car anyway. I can see ADDING more trim or some extra feature but to just not paint one part is a poor idea to me.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: L and LS had diff trim color

95cashmerecoop said:
Cashmere Gold..... hmmmm..... looking at the paint in the bottle and the label that says cashmere silver, and looking at my car color, it looks like that could be the color. It is kind of a metalic gold color, but with a faint touch of silver. do you have any pics of your car?

I just checked the carfax report that I had done on it and there are no accidents. or salvage titles or anything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
McKenzie, I looked up the official colors in my 95 Legend sales brochure and it is called Cashmere Metallic. The swatch in the book definitely looks like a silvery gold, but on the car it looks more gold to me. I'll check the paint code on my car later today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts