Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, this is confusing as hell. I've been all over the 'Net trying to solve this riddle. Even searched this site! Here goes.
I am looking for the SINGLE height BOSE system from about 88 or 89. I am familiar with BOSE and all its unique compatibility issues. What years, trim lines and body styles use the single height, BOSE cassette system?? The most similar system I personally know of would be the 89 Accord Se-i. I know I need the external amp and perhaps the speakers. Also, do these Acura systems have steering wheel controls??
What CD player (not changer) would fit under this set up? Do I need to look for the CD accessory with controls on it or will the head unit control the add on CD player? HELP!
If you can answer my riddle, I'll be hella :) and no longer :confused: TIA...

·
Registered
308 Posts
89-90 LS models come with the single DIN bose unit not sure about the 88 LS. The dash mounted controls use a different plug as the L and base models but work in the exact same way. The only CD player I know of that fits and works with the Bose unit is the one from Acura specifically for these Bose units. Are you trying to install a Bose stereo unto a non LS ? Or just trying to repair a defective unit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick T said:
89-90 LS models come with the single DIN bose unit not sure about the 88 LS. The dash mounted controls use a different plug as the L and base models but work in the exact same way. The only CD player I know of that fits and works with the Bose unit is the one from Acura specifically for these Bose units. Are you trying to install a Bose stereo unto a non LS ? Or just trying to repair a defective unit?
I'm wondering if the system would work in an 89 Accord LX-i. I know the amp would have to be bought as well as the speakers, but I don't know about the wiring harnesses. Se-i's are rare, but it seems the Legend is more plentiful and very similar.

·
Registered
308 Posts
offthahook,
I'm sure it can be made to work, but it begs the question WHY? you would need to run cable shielded power leads to each speaker's amp ( a b*tch to run to your door speakers ), relays to power your amps as well as obtain BOSE speakers, boxes, head-unit etc etc. Any decent aftermarket stereo will outperform the BOSE factory unit, add amps, good speakers and you will have a system which costs about as much as the BOSE but will sound much better.

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Werd. That's kinda what I figured... The stereo in my se-i sounded good and I figured it would be a ***** to run all those wires and such. Thanks for the reply; I'm going to stick with AM. No one except you seemed to be able to give a specific answer!!! Now I know for sure!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.