Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GS, so the trim is real wood, but I only have wood trim on the center console and on the door switches. I was wondering if there are available real wood pieces for the climate control console, vents, and door handles? If not, are there any high quality fake wood pieces that fit in nicely? Thanks.

·
Registered
744 Posts
infinite, they are out there but I have only seen them being sold at car shows (Preformed, EXACT OE replacements in burlwood, aluminum, carbon). I asked a guy how much his aluminum kit was and he said 750. I know you already know this, but for those out there who are thinking they will save money, please do not buy the cheap crap you see on Ebay for like a buck ten. They are CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car shows, huh? Well maybe I can look around here and see what I can come up with. And yeah, I will definitely stay away from the cheap stuff. When I mod my car, I try to do it right the first time. ;)
Thanks.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Ha, I did run across this site when I was looking for my brushed aluminum and didn't see an application for the legend.

I do find it very interesting that they specifically say...

"Most if not all "brushed aluminum" or "flex metal" that is on the market is synthetic with an epoxy coating over it."

This is what I'm talking about (NOT WHAT WOODTRIM.COM SELLS) but many others that sell CHEAP CRAP - doesn't matter if its aluminum, wood, or carbon.

Thai.95LCoupe, thanks for providing this website - I sent them an email about aluminum.

KNLNGUS

G

·
0 Posts
No prob... if anyone is buying a kit and gets the parts for a coupe or sedan and has extra parts left over I may be willing to buy woodtrim... I'm still on the hunt for the OEM real wood kit for the coupe... I prowl ebay every day for a unsuspecting seller....Hehehe..:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts