Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just bought a 92 LS Legend coupe :D Loved my Leged lol anywyaz my questionis, is it normal for the door and foot lamps to stay on while driving @ night? I don't think it is. Is this normal? Thanks Latin..........

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
Since you said it's an LS model, yes, the footwells and door lights are supposed to be on., If he looks to the left of the steering wheel, he'll see a knob he can turn to adjust the brightness.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have read about this concern before on the old forum and have 2 cents to add onto this thread.

On my 95 LS Coupe, the dimmer doesnt just dim the light - it removes or adjusts it (alltogether) - as opposed to "the footwells and door lights are supposed to be on"

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the dimmer switch will not do anything to the footwell and door lights. there's another knob called the courtesy light you can use to dim them. they wont go off all the way but you can dim them very low.

-j

·
Registered
744 Posts
LMAO - I'm getting caught up in lingo.

When I replied, I used the term "dimmer" to describe the courtesy light nob (which in effect is a dimmer) that is located to the left of the steering wheel that has the TCS and FOG light switch on it as well. (I should also add that some have the FOG switch and others don't).

MY COURTESY LIGHT NOB - does not only reduce the light from the foot wells and doors IT SHUTS THEM OFF completely. I mean, they may, just may be barely on - meaning if you are on your back with your head stuck up the passenger footwell, you MAY SEE A GLIMER of light, however, for all intensive purposes, there is no courtesy involved with the courtesy light nob turned "LOW" as if you were sitting in the passenger seat at midnight you will not be able to see the hem in your slacks with the COURTESY LIGHT NOB turned all the way down. Low IMHO = OFF.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Owwwwwww I C. Thanks ya'll 4 the replies! :D He'll be very happy and stop yelling @ the dealership man :D LOL. Latin............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts