Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do u hav ur stock alarm installed? and if u do, u know that at night when u alarm ur car, the backlights flash for some time along with the corner lights. Also the headlights stay on for a while. My question is has anyone been able to lower the time of lights flashing from 75 seconds (which is the normal stock time) to 10 seconds. I read in the manual that it is possible to adjust the timing on the alarm lighting. It said take the car to ur dealer and have them do it for u. Well there's one problem, out of the 3 acura dealers I called no one knew how. So I hope u fellow GS lovers know how. Thanks alot!. Any input well be appreciated :p......

Latin.............

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LegendGS said:
Lights? Flashing?
U have a clifford alarm, so urs wouldn't. On the stock alarm, the had a new feature :rolleyes: that at night the lights would stay on after u alarmed ur car so it would light the walkway for u. So the head lights stay on while the backlights flash along w/corner lights. I know someone on the boards must hav this issue..........

Latin....................

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Hmm.. Interesting. Never heard of that. My stock alarm never did that. In fact, the couple I bought it from weren't even sure if they had an alarm. Of course, I had to educate them on that. :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Along with my manual, I found a lil' white book. On the front it says NITE-LITE SYSTEM 545T, that's the name of the system that turns on ur headlights at night or whenever u turn ur wipers on. On page one it says:
" Turn-Off delay (Adjustable)
This allows between 9 and 75 seconds to elapse before the system deactivates the vehicles's lights. The delay period governs how long the lights will stay on if:
- the photocell detects a change i light
- the ignition key is removed
- the wipers are turned off

The turn-off delay is provided so the headlights can light ur path as u leave ur vehicle. Simply have your dealer set the delay to the required time.

NOTE: When the 545T is activating the lights while the key is out of the ignition switch, the parking lights will flash to indicate that NITE-LITE is operating the vehicle lights. "

I also just found out that the stock alarm was made by Clifford ;) :p lol. Pheewwwwwwww I thought i was goin' crazy, myb this was optional and i'm the only one w/it :D. I still need the help though lol.

Latin......................

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
The 545T is a unit by DEI. Call around for a place that installs DEI stuff (Viper, Python, Clifford....) and I'm sure that they'll be able to help you. I tried looking for the installation manual, but could not find it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankx, and it does say DEI (Directed Electronics Inc.) on the front of the page. The previous owner kept all the papers, the alarm card w/code, card of salesman and the Acura T. L. C. (Total Luxury Care) owner's manual w/the roadside assitance card that came w/it whe it first sold. GOTTA LUV LEGENDS! :D.

Latin...............

·
Registered
815 Posts
My headlights never come on when i alarm my ride,
the interior lights will stay on and then slowly dimm till they're completely off.
Also my parking and corner lights flash only once when armed and twice when disarmed just like infinite said. In my owners manual it never mentioned anything about headlights staying on with the alarm. You sure it aint aftermarket?
:confused:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SH!T, GOOD POINT lol. Well i doubt it is b/c the switch has acura on it and it came w/a leather cover which says acura also on it, I luv that leather cover :D especially w/the brand spanking new acura key that was never used from the beggining. It is possible I guess, but it's also posible that u guys alarm was adjusted to other settings. I just hope som member has the same settings as mine.

Latin....................

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Latin,

I'm pretty sure that it is aftermarket and tied in to your OEM keyless entry (I assume this from the mention of a switch and key?)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Yeah that too, not many people opted for the OEM Keyless Entry, so there might have been variants of it. Is your OEM Keyless entry "Shock" sensitive? Will it go off if the car is vibrated? The "Stock" one wont, the Keyless Entry... would have been an upgrade, don't know if that did.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
azteklegend said:
My headlights never come on when i alarm my ride,
the interior lights will stay on and then slowly dimm till they're completely off.
Also my parking and corner lights flash only once when armed and twice when disarmed just like infinite said. In my owners manual it never mentioned anything about headlights staying on with the alarm. You sure it aint aftermarket?
:confused:
Yeah, I meant my corners and rear lights. My headlights don't do anything. And that little LED in the drivers side door will flash when the system is armed.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
NONE, of my lights do anything when the system is armed, except for the red flashing door light, and the one on the stereo.

94GS - NON-Keyless.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
LATIN_RAVER_LEGEND said:
Thankx, and it does say DEI (Directed Electronics Inc.) on the front of the page. The previous owner kept all the papers, the alarm card w/code, card of salesman and the Acura T. L. C. (Total Luxury Care) owner's manual w/the roadside assitance card that came w/it whe it first sold. GOTTA LUV LEGENDS! :D.

Latin...............
Damn, for a second I thought you might have a Canadian Legends with features the were not on the US. It would have been nice if the OEM system actually did that :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts