Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7935927927&category=33710&sspagename=WD1V
Hello, I just bought a set of JDM KA8 headlights and have been researching on how to install them and still a little confused. Now there is 3 ways to hook them up right? I want the lights to work exactly the way they do now (high/low), but I also want the fogs working independently. Do any of you guys have a switch in the cabin where you can just flick them on. I want this to look oem as possible, so I'm thinking of putting a switch to the left of the steering column (where the traction control would be, I have an L model). Also, i'm not too impressed with the beam pattern of my HIDs in the USDM will this improve when I set them in the JDMs?
Any pics or info you can provide will be a great help, thanks in advance :bowdown:

·
Registered
767 Posts
yeh theres a switch.. last of a set of buttons on your right by the key.. ohh left hand drive dunno.. when theyre on auto the fogs come on first then as it gets darker the mains come on aswell.. i love auto lights

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow that write up was great, can't wait to install them. I'll keep ya posted

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I purchased a fog switch for $21 shipped but it didn't come with a harness, where can I get one?

I opened up and cleaned my JDM's what an unbelievable difference, they look brand new. I haven't closed them back up yet b/c I'm waiting on the new set to be sent to me I might just exchange lenses.
before:

after:

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Any ideas on where I can get a harness for the fog switch?

and where can I get these D2S/R adapters?

·
dealer-opted track pack
3,440 Posts
Did you bake the headlights to pull them apart? What did you use to clean them?
Is it a diffuser or the bulb that makes the jdm fog (usdm high beam) light appear yellowish on the headlight?

They're very nice ;)

k.h.

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yes, I baked them at 200 for 10 minutes and came apart very easily. Inthe pic of the lights after cleaning them, the yellow diffusers are not over the bulbs. The yellow diffusers are made of galss and globe shaped they fit right over the bulb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.