Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what book did u use to get those diagrams of the security systems, cuase i wanna a lable of the relay box, under hood fuse box and the inside of the car fuse box, i'm trying to see why i have static or feed back from the radio speaks when i press on the gas, why my int/low window wipers isn't working but the high is, also the rear defrogger isn't working but the light comes on any help would greatly be appreciates turly it would oh by the way i have an 93 acura, legend l series

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
LEGEND718 said:
what book did u use to get those diagrams of the security systems, cuase i wanna a lable of the relay box, under hood fuse box and the inside of the car fuse box, i'm trying to see why i have static or feed back from the radio speaks when i press on the gas, why my int/low window wipers isn't working but the high is, also the rear defrogger isn't working but the light comes on any help would greatly be appreciates turly it would oh by the way i have an 93 acura, legend l series
I'm not MikeD, but I think it may be the HELMS manual that you are referring to. By the way, there's not just one for our car, there are a few.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am not the legendary Mike Diaz either but... The interference with your radio is probably because of a loose ground wire. You will probably have to pull the radio out and check the connections in the back.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fellas

i do appreciate the help all u guys are giving me cause i do love my acua legend it's truly a legend in all aspects, so what bout giving mod's on more horse power i want that get up and go that punch feeling when u hit the gas, and when i first start the car it rev's up and down lil bit what could that be, is tehre a chip i can us for power

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
same prob?

Maybe your alternator and picking up frequencies off of it. Do you have after market system??

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
your cars idle going up and down when you first start it is just the car heating up. after temp reaches normal the idle levels out.

the only methods that add hp to the engine are the type II swap and the bayou stage II chip along with an upgraded intake and exhaust. sorry man, no turbos or superchargers for the Legend

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks fellas and mike d u are the dam man

i must say that all u guys are truly a blessing indeed, indeed, i dont' know how to check the noise condenser mike i'm gonna see if it's the relay for the rear defogger, and the int/ window wiper i'm gonna print all of this stuff out so that i can get the best outta my acura it's only got 84,000 miles on it so u should know that i wanna run the hell outta my car it's just brakeing in to me i've changed the shocks, sprinks, head gaskets, freeze out plugs, timing belt, water pump, new radiator, ac condenser, so far what else is suggested that i do and i change a seal or two,

am i correct that our cars have freeze out plugs?
also i wanna put a new rack inpinion in as well. how much do u think i can get that for with the labor done. i changed my axels as well also when i turn to the right i get a one or two click on the wheel is that the cv joint going let me know guys keep up the good work cause the legend is worth keeping year after year after year. next year i'm getting an lexus ls 400, but i'm not partying ways with the legend no way no how,

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mike

what book should i get the helms would have diagams like the one u showed me? also i was wondering about the the fans only one fan works when i'm using the radiator is both of the fans suppose to comeon or just one fan?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok sure

thats' what was the prob. when i had a leak comming from the back of my engin block the water pump went bad, and the freeze out plugs leaked so i was correct thanks mike as usual so should helms or acura/honda i want the be best book depicting diagrams and all

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
don't get ripped off!

I was told that i need a new rack and pinion because my inner tie rods were loose. I took to a regular mechanics shop and they get there part through places like Napa, carquest, and bumper to bumper just like we can. They want $800 which includes labor. solution--> get a $20 inner left tie rod from Acura and replaced it in shop class. Problem fixed. satisfaction at a job well done---->>priceless!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Swift For The Info

I'm Gonna Go And See Bout My Inner Tie Rods If They Are Worn Out I'll Replace It Cause My Car Seems To Drift To The Left Side Kinda Bad I Have To Tilt The Steering Wheel To The Right To Keep It Straight

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
back again mike

i have server pull to the left side while driving what could that be also, when after making a turn the steerging wheel returns kinda slow help me please or put me on the right track?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.