Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I will be getting my 90k service this weekend. Is there anything that i should know about. And what do they usually change during this. Also, how much does it usually cost. dont wanna get ripped off. thanks
denny

·
Registered
306 Posts
The 90K Service can vary by cost depending on where you have it done. Mine was done for only $230 but I already had my timing belt changed previously. I've heard some say as much as $600, and I believe my dealer charges $500.

At anyrate, this is a major service and the major thing that is changed is the timing belt. If you have not had that changed yet and are doing that now, I would also recommend changing the water pump as it is right there as well. Water pumps can and will go out on and it is cheaper to have it done now versus springing a leak and having to go back in and do it later. I didn't have mine changed out because I didn't know about the Legend community 2.5 years ago when I had it done. I now have 108K on my odometer and no problems with it yet.

Other things that are changed, spark plugs, coolant change, brake fluid change, and I believe a tranny flush, oh and of course an oil and filter change. They also do alot of inspection type of stuff, belts, brake lines, pads, rotors, hoses, etc. . .

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what your saying is im paying 500 for them just to change my timing belt, spark plugs, flush some fluids, and inspect my car. Damn what a rip.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Legend95 said:
So what your saying is im paying 500 for them just to change my timing belt, spark plugs, flush some fluids, and inspect my car. Damn what a rip.
You think that's a rip? My dealer here in MI quoted $1300 for the whole job. You guys in Cali are spoiled by cheap repair prices. Most shops here wouldn't touch imports, usually dealer is the only place that knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
306 Posts
In my opinion, $500 isn't that much money considering that the timing belt is a bit time consuming. You can do it yourself at home if you have the tools. This service also includes spark plug changes and if you use the Platinum plugs like I do, then this is also cheap. Also keep in mind that they change all of your fluids. All of this adds up to time, and it depends on how much they are charging you for labor. My mechanic charges $45/hr.

But then again, when it comes to fixing my car, I have a mechanic that I trust and this is a small price to pay knowing that the job was done right because I am not that mechanically inclined and couldn't do the job myself--although I do own a Helm's manual :D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts