Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

What does a system check light in an 1988 L coupe 5 speed mean? is that a sign to stay away?

also getting inked on saturday! YEAH!

:bigok:

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Umm what kind of car is it? And what do you mean by inked?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
yeah getting tattooed under 18 is against the law.

·
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am but there is a huge story behind the tattoo.. Basically both my older brother (23) and myself (17) are type 1 diabetics.. he just got diabetes about 3 months ago and yesterday we were coming home from seattle (bellevue) to be exact, and we were in the town that i live in , Sammamish, and we get a call from one of his room mates in his condo that Dan, my brother, was seen going up the escalator at the mall he works at and his friend asked him what he was doing and said, "going home" but he was not off work for another hour. They told him he wasnt off for another hour and he was like" where am i", basically what happened was he had, had a super LOW bloodsugar and could not remember anything and was in and out of his thoughts. so we get the call and we had to turn around and drive 25 minutes to get there, we had to call 911 because he could and probably would have gone into insulin shock had we not so the paramedic was explaining that he was called to a bar for some drunk but the guy had no alcohol on his breath and didnt even drink, he was there with some buddies, they all thought he was drunk though :headscratch: so they check him for a medical alert necklace and didnt find one, so they checked his under forearm and there was a diabetic tattoo.. so i am getting what looks like an acsteris here is the symbol * but bigger in red with the diabetic snake through it and Insulin Dependant Diabetic around the symbol! Phew!

·
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah getting tattooed under 18 is against the law.
actually if you read the laws and statements by ALL tattoo parlors, you have to have consent from parents if under eighteen... already checked into it

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
Also, I heard that the parent's permission deal in CA is bullshit and is really a "per parlor" policy....

To my knowledge, a tattoo in CA is 18+...regardless of parental permission...that would be like your parents giving you permission to buy cigs and booze...aint gonna happen in most places....but some tattoo parlors will go along with it I guess so long as the parent's wont come back, sue them, and they lose their license for breaking the law....of course I could be wrong but thats what I heard...

EDIT:

CALIFORNIA CODES PENAL CODE SECTION 639-653.1 said:
653. Every person who tattoos or offers to tattoo a person under the age of 18 years is guilty of a misdemeanor. As used in this section, to "tattoo" means to insert pigment under the surface of the skin of a human being, by pricking with a needle or otherwise, so as to produce an indelible mark or figure visible through the skin. This section is not intended to apply to any act of a licensed practitioner of the healing arts performed in the course of his practice.

·
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In WA its different, looked all around the state and all have the same policy, parents come with person under 18 and consent, its all good.

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
Took me about 15 seconds:

Washington Law 26.28.085. said:
Applying tattoo to a minor--Penalty

Every person who applies a tattoo to any minor under the age of eighteen is guilty of a misdemeanor. It is not a defense to a violation of this section that the person applying the tattoo did not know the minor's age unless the person applying the tattoo establishes by a preponderance of the evidence that he or she made a reasonable, bona fide attempt to ascertain the true age of the minor by requiring production of a driver's license or other picture identification card or paper and did not rely solely on the oral allegations or apparent age of the minor.

For the purposes of this section, "tattoo" includes any permanent marking or coloring of the skin with any pigment, ink, or dye, or any procedure that leaves a visible scar on the skin. Medical procedures performed by a licensed physician are exempted from this section.

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
I got my first tat when I was 17, without parental permission. Although, most places are more strict these days. I'm sure that it would be hard for a shop to turn you down if you have mom's permission since it is a medical thing.

·
Registered
10,687 Posts
i got a tattoo when i was 17. My mom signed the consent for me at a place that would do it. Shortly after i got mine the place shut down, not due to underage tattoos, just not getting enough business. I think the owner moved too. But it was in 04 when my best friend was hit by a car, several of my friends and I who were there all got tattoos with his intials.

Since then, my friend tried to go to a shop, and they said the only way someone under 18 can get a tattoo legally is by court order to cover up a gang tattoo.

So go join a gang, get a gang tattoo, then commit a crime and ask the court to give you an order to have it covered up. Then presto, you have your tattoo.

May i also ask, why you dont just wear the bracelet?

·
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i got a tattoo when i was 17. My mom signed the consent for me at a place that would do it. Shortly after i got mine the place shut down, not due to underage tattoos, just not getting enough business. I think the owner moved too. But it was in 04 when my best friend was hit by a car, several of my friends and I who were there all got tattoos with his intials.

Since then, my friend tried to go to a shop, and they said the only way someone under 18 can get a tattoo legally is by court order to cover up a gang tattoo.

So go join a gang, get a gang tattoo, then commit a crime and ask the court to give you an order to have it covered up. Then presto, you have your tattoo.

May i also ask, why you dont just wear the bracelet?
I am not really a big jewelry kind of guy, i dont really like the look of things like that. thats why the paramedic said get the tattoo, and if you tell the place that it is a medical tattoo, they can do it, just got off the phone with a place. otherwise if it was just like a regular tattoo, they couldnt do it to anyone under age 18

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Damn man sorry to hear about your bro. Hope he's ok. That'll be cool if you got that tat. I'm also not that type of person that where's jewelrys.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.