Acura Legend Forum banner

Question

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  LegendGS 
#1 ·
Good morning,
I am looking for some input from the forum. Here is my situation-
I had a 91 Legend Coupe L, auto for about 4 years. Unfortunatly, I lost the car due to an accident in December. I just purchased a nice 93 Legend Coupe LS also with auto. Both cars were stock.
My question is- what differences if any am I going to notice between the 91 and 93 car?

#2 ·
Firstly, the '93 Coupe has a Type II engine which adds 30 more HP. With the LS, you also now have a Traction Control System, 16" wheels, heated seats, automatic climate control, dual powered seats (I think that's different)...... That's all I can think of right now.... Oh.... I think the real wood trim is different too.

I'm sure someone will fill in any blanks that I've left. :)

#3 ·
if I am not mistaken, your 93LS has been described by ChrisK as "argueably the fastest Legend Coupe made"...he may have been referring to the 6speed however. THe Type II should be under your hood. Good for 230hp, 206lbs ft torque. Can you tell the difference? Also, the 93 may also have TCS, plus the other creature comforts like heated/dual power seats, climate control, etc.

#4 ·
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
if I am not mistaken, your 93LS has been described by ChrisK as "argueably the fastest Legend Coupe made"...he may have been referring to the 6speed however. THe Type II should be under your hood. Good for 230hp, 206lbs ft torque. Can you tell the difference? Also, the 93 may also have TCS, plus the other creature comforts like heated/dual power seats, climate control, etc.
Actually, that would be the 93 L 6-Speed Coupes as arguably the fastest. The 93 L 6-Speed has the same 230 HP engine, but unlike the LS, it does not have the extra weight of the passanger side power seat, the heated seats, the TCS system. Also, it does not have the electronic tilt and telescoping steering. Column found on all the 94+ Legends, so that would theoretically make it the lightest, but still the most powerful Legend produced. Now I have no data to prove that, but it makes sense to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.