Acura Legend Forum banner

Questions about my 1993 Acura Legend

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Triton3K 
#1 ·
Great webpage and very informative!!

I just purchased a 1993 Acura Legend L 4dr and am looking for some insight .

What clear corners are recommended?

I need to replace the driver side window motor and center console frame/cupholder. Where do you suggest I look online for these parts?

I read in the alldata posting of a technical support bullitin for fixing Steering Wheel Off-Center Adjustment At TQI. Does this mean that Acura/Honda will repair it for me?

Lastly what type of keyless alarm do you recommend?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Tom

#2 ·
clear corners - EBAY or www.procarparts.com - the links are below

clear bumper lights and clear corners

window motor and other OEM parts -
www.car-part.com to search for used parts

Acura of Augusta for new parts - (800) 851-5158 (tell them you're Legend Forum member to get a discount.

Technical Service Bulletins are just to let you know that there is a known problem. It's not a recall and they probably won't do it for free.

Autopage makes pretty good keyless entry systems, find those on Ebay.

Hope this helps, good luck and welcome to the Legend Forums.:D

#5 ·
Clear corners: AutoDynamic is another source. Some members have posted moisture problems with them.

Check with Acura of Augusta (1-800-736-6818) for the cup holder. I am not sure if you can just order the base/assy. The lid with leather is around $400 retail.

The OEM keyless system only works the door locks. Plus side is that it is a plug-in and you can perform this yourself. Cost about $220 at discount.

Are you absolutely sure it is the window motor which has failed? Check the switch,door harness, regulator,run channels and silicone run channels. The motors usually outlast the vehicle.

#7 ·
Window Motor

Thanks for all of the informative responses. The window moves very slowly when going up and it sounds like it is struggling. What suggestions do you have for me? Also what type of intake and bulbs should I get for the headlights.

Thanks,
Tom

#8 ·
Re: Window Motor

tomas said:
Thanks for all of the informative responses. The window moves very slowly when going up and it sounds like it is struggling. What suggestions do you have for me? Also what type of intake and bulbs should I get for the headlights.

Thanks,
Tom
As far as the windows moving slow, you can try silicone spray and spray it down the windows channels, as far as the intake you can go with either the weapon-r, Rm intake, importoys or the one from procarparts.com. All intakes are the same but the difference comes in the filter itself. As far as bulbs you can try the Piaa hyperwhites, Polarg or just simply invest in a set of HID's for the best output you can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.