Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been considering putting my Legend on the bottle. My only concern is this: My friends and others have told me all kinds of things about how NOS like corrodes your heads and pistons. They have told me that most engines can't handle it, especially one with over 100K miles like mine. But I'm not sure if this is all true or it's just people naysaying because they don't have it. I know one thing, if I had NOS I'd be leaving all their asses in the dust (even though I already do, most of em anyway)! So anyway, can anybody with knowledge on the subject speculate? Should I get it or not? Any input (especially from folks who have NOS) would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mileage does not always tell the condition of the engine. If it's been well maintained it may be be just as good as a lower mileaged engine that's been neglected. Doing a compression test of each cylinder will tell you if you have any problems or if you'll develope problems in the near future. If you have good compression close to factory spec. go for it. NOS does not hurt the engine, its incompetence. When NOS is installed and used right, you should be O.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts