Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I have a list of questions on Rims, Tires and suspension. Alot of these questions may be stupid but I am new to this and never have wanted to alter and change the appearance of a vehicle(fix up) like I want to after I've purchased my Legend and have been going through websites checking out other Legends.

Rims
First I am into flashy rims-->Big rims 17,18,19,20, and chrome
I know 17, 18, 19 can fit from what I've been told and I've heard 20's can't fit.
I am probably going to go with 18's and I was wondering because I know nothing of the genre and I don't want to be wasting my time looking for rims that won't fit. What does offset means in terms of the + - and the number. I always seem to see this number near the 40 to 45 and I think Offset determines how much the wheel will stick out I believe. I don't want my rims to stick out at all. But I know 18's come in 18x7.5 and 18x8.5
wouldn't the 7.5 and 8.5 be the offset??? Can someone clearly describe offset?

Tires
What size tires would be ideal for 18's 7.5 or 8.5?
Brands-Low Profile any other??

Suspension
I want to lower my car but would it be better to not lower it untill I get my rims or would it make a difference. What's the lowest the Legend can be lowered without rubbing the tires or hitting the ground?Do Ground Controls allow you to switch the distance from the ground easily rather than just using springs. How do Ground Controls work?What's the difference between ground controls, air cylinders, air shocks, and air bags???I seem to here these terms alot when it comes to suspension and lowering, which is the best way to go?The prices??

That's all the questions I can think of off the top of my head know. Thanks for any help!!!!

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Check the tech section at tirerack. They expalin everything and include drawings to make it clear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts