Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions.
1 Was looking at the "new" 2002 Dragon Weapon-R Intake. It is on sale for $160 at importstudio.com. I have seen the "regular" Weapon-R for cheaper. Anyone know if the New one is a bit better?

2 What is the diff between Coilovers and reagular springs.

Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
575 Posts
1. I have the new 2002 Dragon Intake and I can tell you from experience that it was definetly worth buying. As far as I know, from dealing with Weapon R, the new filter on the 2002 Dragon Intakes is better than the older filters.

2. Springs just give you a set drop in height, for example a 1" drop; while coilovers are springs that let you adjust the height of your car, for example most coilovers allow you to adjust the height anywhere from a 0-4" drop.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Coilovers are the best when your looking for adjustability in height. Springs, like H&R and eibachs, are probably the best when your looking for a little more comfort in your ride then a set of coilovers would give you (everybody has different feelings about what is "comfortable", but I'm going with what a majority of Legend owners have been saying).

I actually owned a set of the Circuit Pro Coilovers made by Weapon-R and never installed them just because I had so many problems with getting the right set from Weapon-R and because another Legend forum member, by the name of EyeCandy, had already installed them and hated the way they felt. So I ended up selling them and now, just recently, I purchased a set of Ground Control coilovers, which have gotten the most positive remarks from the limited amout of coilovers there are for our Legends.

Keep in mind also that if you are going to get coilovers or springs, then it would be wise to purchase the koni shocks to go along with it so your not bouncing around all over the place on your stock shocks and for better comfort.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Kurizma said:
How much to the Groun Control Coilovers go for?
$399.99 for the coil over set and $520 for the Koni's. That is what I was quoted.

·
Registered
313 Posts
CakeDaddy said:

$399.99 for the coil over set and $520 for the Koni's. That is what I was quoted.
That's a little more than I was willing to spend. The Weapon-R Circuit Pros are only $250 plus shipping. I've rode in Integs and Civics with them and the ride is pretty smooth. Anyone here have it on your Legend?

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Kurizma said:

That's a little more than I was willing to spend. The Weapon-R Circuit Pros are only $250 plus shipping. I've rode in Integs and Civics with them and the ride is pretty smooth. Anyone here have it on your Legend?
$250 for what? The GC's or Koni's do you have a phone number or a web site for them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.