Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I was looking to completely change the interior of my car to black. I currently have tan and I'd like the black better.

RE: the seats:
Do you think that reupholstering is just as good (ie..I couldn't tell the difference unless I put it under a microscope etc). Can anyone in Norcal suggest a good place for the service? Leather? Turn around time?

RE: interior parts
Is there anywhere I can swap out my original interior panels for a small fee?

Sorry so complicated!

Thanks a million

=)
g2girl

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
dunno where you can get it done, but for the poorman's way, you can take them out and permanently dye them? :D yea, i know... not the best suggestion, but could work! :eek: :) ;)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
How about trying to locate a used black interior? I would sell you mine, but I like my Black on Black color :)

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Complete used OEM leater interiors are approx. $2,500+ If you specify, you will be able to buy every trim part which goes with it. I have never asked a recycler to swap interiors. I would suspect they might be adverse b/c of the many small parts which could be easily lost.
I have in the past bought complete interiors and have paid a bit extra to have every clip, fastener, and screw as part of the deal. Whenever possible, I removed the interior myself. Problem is that the OEM interior will be at least 7 yrs old. You could have a trim shop make new seating, door panels and console cover. Not having seen a black Legend interior, what color is the headliner? You would then have to paint the plastic (not recommended as it doesn't resist scratches well) or buy new plastic trim.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
LPB said:
Not having seen a black Legend interior, what color is the headliner? You would then have to paint the plastic (not recommended as it doesn't resist scratches well) or buy new plastic trim.
The headliner and pillar trim pieces are all a light greyish color on my black interior if that helps any.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Well ChrisK you have just informed g2girl that in order to perform the swap correctly, the headliner will also have to be changed.

·
Registered
799 Posts

or you can just order an interior, as you can see i still have one seat left (ya wanna come down and help me finish it?)

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the dash dark brown if the interior is tan and black if the interior is black?

come to think of it. I have black interior in my 1994 LS Coupe

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Legendary94GS said:

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the dash dark brown if the interior is tan and black if the interior is black?

come to think of it. I have black interior in my 1994 LS Coupe
I believe so. At least on my 95 that had an Ivory (Tan) interior, the dash, upper door trim panel and even teh steering wheel where all brown. On my Black interior they are all black, aside from the parts I mentioned above.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What are you going to do with your tan leather seat covers? My driver's side seat is in pretty bad shape...

·
Registered
313 Posts
oh wait, you have a coupe... the seats are different right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.