Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I like shiny
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut came from a place that tints windows. They gave me a quote of $199 to tint the windows on my Legend. She said it would be 35%. She also said I could have 35% on the sides and 20% on the rear. First of all is this a good price? Seccond: will it make much different to get 20% in the rear? She also said it came with a life time warranty and is not the cheap kind that turns purple. Opinions and suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
107 Posts
personally i like the darker in the back. when i am drivin down the freeway they got brights on or they dont have them adjusted properly the tint helps alot in that aspect. i dont like fliping my rear view mirror so. for me id go 20 in th back.

·
Registered
851 Posts
This is just me OK!, 199 for tint is a pretty good deal, not killer, but not expensive too, and especially comes with lifetime warranty, that's good.

I personally like the rear darker. I used 15% on the rear, and 25% on the sides.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I would say go the same all around. It makes the car look more consistent through out. My sedan had 35% all around and it looked great. 35% though is pretty dark, especially on a dark legend. I am going to get my windows done at Zeibart on the coupe in April for $189 CDN, and that includes their premier tint (top grade stuff):)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Alexander said:
This is just me OK!, 199 for tint is a pretty good deal, not killer, but not expensive too, and especially comes with lifetime warranty, that's good.

I personally like the rear darker. I used 15% on the rear, and 25% on the sides.
$199 like Alexander said it is only an okay deal. Here in Hawaii regular smoke tint goes for $99-$150, and metal tint goes for $150-$200. I'm not talking about the cheap brands either. Maybe it is because the majority of cars here have tint so there are many tint shops to choose from so the competition is good. T&T tinting here in Hawaii is a total rip off. They do good work and use good materials but they charge way too much.

G

·
Yeah i think I paid the most for tint out of anyone I know $300... Solarworks 35% all metal tint... Will never fade or scrach.. The tint's look like they came from the factory... You can't even see where they cut it...

·
Registered
73 Posts
damn $300!!:eek: im getting mine for $75

G

·
eurovargas said:
damn $300!!:eek: im getting mine for $75
That's why i'm pimpin'.. Hehe.:D

But no it comes w/ a lifetime warranty.. Theya have shops all across the nation that will honor the warranty and if eanything ever happens to it they will re tint the whole coupe free of charge...

G

·
What do the metal tints look like and are they any good? I want to tint my windows pretty soon and this is good because I had no idea what to expect. What is the legal tint (I live in Washington if that makes a difference)?

From the sounds of it it sounds like 35% may be legal since so many of you guys have it, and if so how does it look on a Milano Red Legend? Thanks.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I paid $100 for my tints out here in The Bronx, NYC and I got 35% up front and the rest darker. Prices in NYC arent that high because there are always shops right next to each other and the one with the lowest price is always the one people tend to go to no matter what. I got mines installed almost a year ago and no problems yet, but if it ever starts to peal or anything, as long as I have my receipt they will re-tint the car. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

·
I like shiny
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Speeddemon

I live in Washington also and they told me that 35% was the legal limit, but depending on how I paid they would do %20 all around. She also said it was ok to do %35 on the sides and %20 on the rear. I just called them and they did not answer. Hopefully I can still get the appointment for Saturday.

·
Registered
231 Posts
IMHO, 199 is a little high... I paid 110 for 15% chrome metallic tint on all 5 windows, but I guess depending on availability in your area you've gotta go with what youve got... try the yellow pages, there should be a bunch of tint places... i'd hold out for 150 if at all possible

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Hi Guys, sorry to bother you all with this stupid question -

How does the % in tinting work? Can someone please explain to me If 20% tint is darker than 35% or vice versa?

Kindly explain!

·
Registered
231 Posts
basically, the lower the number, the darker the tint. the percentage refers to the amount of light that can pass through the window with the tint applied.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i believe that the legal limit is 20% i did 5% once on one of my cars and never got pulled over. basicly the rule is if u put your liscense up to the window and they can not read your # the tint is to dark. that is what one of my copbuddies told me. but ya i was never pulled over with my 5% and i had that car a while.

G

·
SpeedDemon said:
What do the metal tints look like and are they any good? I want to tint my windows pretty soon and this is good because I had no idea what to expect. What is the legal tint (I live in Washington if that makes a difference)?

From the sounds of it it sounds like 35% may be legal since so many of you guys have it, and if so how does it look on a Milano Red Legend? Thanks.
It's not metal like chrome but the tint material is made out of a composite... My tints are as dark as acuralegend.com's tint.. He has a milano red coupe so you can get an idea off of his..

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
hey 91LSMAN, congratulations on your 91LS!! Your Legend looks great!! veyr clean! how many miles??

Once you get the tint done, could you please post some pictures on your website! Also, I like your rims!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts