Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· 0000$$$$0000####0000
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm wondering what would be the better choice price vs performance wise. The CLK350 with upgraded HP sounds like a good choice because you get good performance with good gas mileage and probablty more reliability compared to the V8. However, price wise a 2003-2004 CLK500 would probably be cheaper than a 2006 CLK350. The one thing I'm still a bit confused about is if the 2003-2005 has a CLK55 AMG Coupe. I believe the 2006 CLK55 AMG is only in the convertable, but I'm not sure about the previous yaers. I really don't want a convertable, but a CLK55 sure does sound nice. ;)

· GS Hog
7,345 Posts
Hmm.. Not sure about the V8 vs. V6 reliabilitly issues. Definitetly a toss up, but I guess the key would be whether power is more important to you than gas mileage and vice versa. As for price, I did a quick search and it seems like the 2004 CLK500 is priced around the same as the 2006 CLK350, so this probably doesn't help the decision making process a whole lot. :)

They did have a CLK55 AMG Coupe in 2004 and 2005. Not sure about 2003.

· 0000$$$$0000####0000
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LegendGS said:
Hmm.. Not sure about the V8 vs. V6 reliabilitly issues. Definitetly a toss up, but I guess the key would be whether power is more important to you than gas mileage and vice versa. As for price, I did a quick search and it seems like the 2004 CLK500 is priced around the same as the 2006 CLK350, so this probably doesn't help the decision making process a whole lot. :)

They did have a CLK55 AMG Coupe in 2004 and 2005. Not sure about 2003.
Thanks. I've been doing the same searches and have been coming up with pretty much the same info you got. I'm not going to buy a brand new one. I already bought 2 brand new cars in my lifetime and after the first time I said never again. Then two years ago I bought the wife the RX330 :eek: Now I definately know I'm not buying brand new again. Too me the new car fun and excitemeny only last a few months, then after than the depreciation kicks in :eek2:

From now on I'm always going to buy a few years old to bet the best bang for the buck and also I can track the general maintenence history of the car so I'm not caught by surprise. The problem with me is I probably would be fine with a CLK320, but obviously the CLK350 power will be welcomed. Then, a yaer or two older CLK500 would be about the same price with much more power :) After that you might as well just try and find a CLK 55 AMG :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.