Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My climate control and aircondition seems to have a problem.
When I set the climate control to the coolest temp. it doesn't seem to be able to go cold at all. It's only when wanting the car to be cool that it really has problems, but when wanting to warm up the car it's a really long time to do so.
So my question is if this could be an issue with a sensor or something else and how to fix it?

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
if the heater works fine but the AC doesnt blow cold, you probably need a recharge of freon

However....that may also mean you have a leak. But your '94 has the newer freon (I think R-12 is the newer and R-134 is for '91-'93's) which can be purchased at places like WalMart for like $30. It's easy to recharge the AC yourself

I'm in the same boat...I know I have a leak somewhere. I recharged mine last summer and it's back to blowing hot again this year.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
he he he, I didn't know it would be that simple, but then again it's a long time to go hot as well but it will get there at some point but when wanting to go cold it's not gonna get there. So you are right I guess.
According to my owners manual it uses a freon called HFC-134a or R-134.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.