Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they say $275 Bolt on replacement. I've only seen Remus, Greddy, Stromung on here, but no R.M racing exhaust.
Anybody have it/tried it, the price is right.
I think I might have just said hello to my next exhaust system.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I did not know RM still made the exhaust for the Legend. RM was among the very first to ever have a US bassed exhaust system for the Legend. Anyway, I would not buy it. I don't recall of they used a Magnaflow, or Powerflow exhaust, but whatever their system is, it is just their own custom piping mated to that brand of universal muffler. It is not their own design. My friend here locally used to have a RM on his now sold 94 GS Sedan, and he said it was the worst one he had. THe muffler rusted right through in a matter of a little over a year.

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
It's a magnaflow I think. I have used one for the past 3 years or so. No problems with rust. This is in SoCal.

G

·
Meh, get in on our Greddy Group Buy over in the for sale section. $487.50 is just such a good price.

One of my friends once told me to just do it right the first time and you won't lose time or money that way. That is my philosophy with anything on my car now. Only get the best, and what you really want, or else you won't be happy in the end because you will be saying, "what if". If there are other upgrades that you want to make then just hold them off. You can own and drive your Legend for a long time. There is no rush, just anticipation.

G

·
SpeedDemon said:

One of my friends once told me to just do it right the first time and you won't lose time or money that way. That is my philosophy with anything on my car now. Only get the best, and what you really want, or else you won't be happy in the end because you will be saying, "what if". If there are other upgrades that you want to make then just hold them off. You can own and drive your Legend for a long time. There is no rush, just anticipation.
SO true SO true.... Temptation is a MF but hold out for the good stuff...

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I had the rm. Now I have a stromung ss. I can say that the gains are noticable with the rm over the stromung but it comes at a price of build quality. It uses a dynomax muffler that rusted out within 1 week. That was during the summer too. Plus the thing like blew or something cause the sound changes considerbly. Spend the extra cash and get quality. You will thank me.:)

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
Here is my take on the exhaust:

I wouldn't recommend it, simply because there are better products out. But my experience with it has been pretty good, considering that I don't have the rust problem, and it gave good gains with the intake. That's why I'm not trying to sell it.

I changed the tip because I didn't like the way the stock one looked.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I saw the price i went--->:eek:
Is the pipe itself good stuff... T-304?(might be reaching for the $$) maybe I can just get the piping and get a decent muffler.
I go to college in the Mid-west so rust is of concern.
The mod bug has got me :D

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
Armayo said:
When I saw the price i went--->:eek:
Is the pipe itself good stuff... T-304?(might be reaching for the $$) maybe I can just get the piping and get a decent muffler.
I go to college in the Mid-west so rust is of concern.
The mod bug has got me :D
Not worth it to you. Don't pay $275 just for piping. The midwest is brutal.

My stock Accord exhausts are looking ugly from 3 years of the midwest.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Temptation got the best of me

Thanks all, I'll stick with the main choice Remus/Greddy. Damn if it wasen't for the rust, I would still have the R.M in the running. Yeah, SpeedDemon, Ima hold off a bit a get a Mod plan together, I've got some time...

Anyone have one of those digital sound recorders that plug into a P.C. Maybe Some Wav. files could be created for the all important question "what does it sound like?"

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
SpeedDemon said:

Do it right the first time and you won't lose time or money that way. That is my philosophy with anything on my car . Only get the best, and what you really want, or else you won't be happy in the end because you will be saying, "what if".
This is a quote out of my BIBLE.

~Hybrid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts