Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was comin home from my freinds place. I was looking for a race and guess what I got one. It was a Acura TL (not sure of the year. The taillight was yellow and red.). I was sitting there at the light and I took off and got caught at the 2 light. He pulled up and started crappin forward. So I was thinking to myself "RACE TIME". When the light turned green I took off again. He was no where near me so I slowed down and he flew by me. I floor the car doing about 50 in D3 and I started caughting up to him. So I'm thinking DAMN he's slowing down. But that wasnt the case. We pulled up to the next light to get on the parkway and he took off again. I knew that he was pushing the car cause when he took off at the light I heard a tweek of the wheels. I'm following him and where doing around 70 in D3 I just started pulling away. Poor TL :( . I was pullin away like the new Prelude would pull away from me on the highway. Man that's a great feeling. :D I just wanted to share that with you. I know that when I start telling storys it gets long so Sorry.:)

·
Banned
720 Posts
sholinlegend said:
I was comin home from my freinds place. I was looking for a race and guess what I got one. It was a Acura TL (not sure of the year. The taillight was yellow and red.). I was sitting there at the light and I took off and got caught at the 2 light. He pulled up and started crappin forward. So I was thinking to myself "RACE TIME". When the light turned green I took off again. He was no where near me so I slowed down and he flew by me. I floor the car doing about 50 in D3 and I started caughting up to him. So I'm thinking DAMN he's slowing down. But that wasnt the case. We pulled up to the next light to get on the parkway and he took off again. I knew that he was pushing the car cause when he took off at the light I heard a tweek of the wheels. I'm following him and where doing around 70 in D3 I just started pulling away. Poor TL :( . I was pullin away like the new Prelude would pull away from me on the highway. Man that's a great feeling. :D I just wanted to share that with you. I know that when I start telling storys it gets long so Sorry.:)
New peludes pull away from you?:confused:

Its always the the other way around for me. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah

I was on the NJ Turnpike and I was doing about 80 and I was following this guy with a prelude. I wanted to go around him so I went to middle lane from the left and I dropped the car from D4 to D3 and he let me go by. Then a minute later he caught up and tried racing me. So I floored the car and he floored his car and boom he took off. Man thats a bad feeling. I probably looked like I was standing still. PISSED ME OFF. By the time I hit 110 he was gone. And the thing that really pissed me off is that he slowed down for me and then took off again.:mad:

·
Five- O
857 Posts
That prelude had to have some serious mods to it. The ludes have a I4 w/ 200 hp. I can't see a stock version leaving u like that.

Esti

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Well, the 95L Sedan also has 200HP (TypeI), and weighs a lot more than that lude...

95L Sedan
200HP @ 5500RPM V6
3516 lbs

01 Prelude
200HP @ 7000RPM Inline-4
2954 lbs

94GS Sedan
230HP @ 6200RPM V6 TypeII
3516 lbs

Not sure if the GS could have taken it, but I bet you a TypeII 6Speed can :)

·
Banned
720 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Well, the 95L Sedan also has 200HP (TypeI), and weighs a lot more than that lude...

95L Sedan
200HP @ 5500RPM V6
3516 lbs

01 Prelude
200HP @ 7000RPM Inline-4
2954 lbs

94GS Sedan
230HP @ 6200RPM V6 TypeII
3516 lbs

Not sure if the GS could have taken it, but I bet you a TypeII 6Speed can :)
GS can take it, even if the lude has CAI and Cat-back. I could take my friends before his mods and after. :)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Banel, my uncle is looking into the same generation 93 - 96 VTEC. I think it is around 195HP? He hates the newer style, I messed up his buying process when he drove the Legend.. now he doesn't know which one to get. He's big on the MODS so I told him he will be better off with the lude for that.

·
Registered
349 Posts
this thread was as good as i smoked a 04-07 audi a4 on the highway when he shoot past me going about 95,so then i was driving normal speed for about 2 min after he pasted me so then i saw the audi like a mile up the highway changing lanes and shit. i said to my friend who was in the car with me u think i can catch up to that audi and he said no, so then i just floored it catched up to it and what was so funny was we where getting off the same exit and the next highway was like a 5 mile straight away, so i beat the audi to the exit and then i just floored it as soon as i got out of the curve of the exit he try to catch up but he was toooooooooo slow so i got of the the second highway which leads to buckland mall, then i was chilli at the stop light for like 30sec then he came up behind me and started simleing cuz he just got smoked by a legend.hahahahha

this was like 2 months ago

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.