Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
welps..studying fer AP Chemistry..and we needed to pick up answers from our friends house. I had the legend and we did about 3-4 rolling starts because we never got a stoplight.

First run was from about 45 to 90. He had a late reaction and when i floored it i immediately got about a carspace ahead. He SLOWLY reeled me in, but when his VTEC kicked in it was visually amazing. Instantly his car just shot forward and within 2-3 seconds he is 2-3 carspaces ahead of me! Anyways this goes on for a few more times and the same results.

Hey, im sastified. I thought my car did pretty well before his VTEC kicked in as i was slightly ahead and he was only slowly gaining.
Anyways, jus thought id share my story since i have never raced a Prelude before. Argg..back to studying Equilibrium.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
yep they're hard to stay with

had a few runins myself,
they all kicked by [email protected], but generally get props for trying!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,036 Posts
yours a 5speed or auto?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AUTO, half the time i forgot to put it in D3, but the AUTO shifts at 6K anyways so its the same as D3. aww man..took the chemistry test today..bombed that...crap...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arrggg...same road today a F-150 flairside decides to go fast after a right turn, i dont know and change lanes right infront of him. He gets pissed and changes lanes and floors it. I proceed to tail him for a few blocks. I could have floored it and got around him but i was feeling guilty for 2 days of harsh treatment on the car..hehe ya know wat i mean... Also the road was partially wet and i DO NOT trust my tires for ANYTHING.
I finally get a red light that turns green while we were doing around 35MPH and i floor it and so does he.. MAN DO THEY HAVE TORQUE. i was 2 carspaces behind him BEFORE we floored and i never caught up. SUCKS MAN...but this was done all in DRIVE. not S3.
 

·
88 sleeper
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
AcuraGuy said:
arrggg...same road today a F-150 flairside decides to go fast after a right turn, i dont know and change lanes right infront of him. He gets pissed and changes lanes and floors it. I proceed to tail him for a few blocks. I could have floored it and got around him but i was feeling guilty for 2 days of harsh treatment on the car..hehe ya know wat i mean... Also the road was partially wet and i DO NOT trust my tires for ANYTHING.
I finally get a red light that turns green while we were doing around 35MPH and i floor it and so does he.. MAN DO THEY HAVE TORQUE. i was 2 carspaces behind him BEFORE we floored and i never caught up. SUCKS MAN...but this was done all in DRIVE. not S3.
was it a black f150?? & was this incident by braDWSHAW?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow..yes it was a black F-150 but not by bradshaw. It was in Elk Grove around 10:15 last night. ONe of those new flairside editions so the taillights are more like a circle than a rectangle..ya know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,033 Posts
Preludes aren't a threat to me.

I'm waiting to race one that has been fully done up though with headers and stuff.

I'm sure I'd have alot of trouble with a turbo one but those are not too common.

G
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
AcuraGuy said:
Wow..yes it was a black F-150 but not by bradshaw. It was in Elk Grove around 10:15 last night. ONe of those new flairside editions so the taillights are more like a circle than a rectangle..ya know?
Hmm, are you by any chance talking about the SVT Lightning? Cuz if you are, let me just put it like this... There wasn't much of a point for you to race that car. Those things are FAST and have incredible amounts of torque. You can hardly call that thing an F-150. That's like calling a Cobra just a Mustang. As far as the Prelude, I've raced one of those and wasn't impressed. Smoked him pretty vicious. Got taken by a 2001 Type SH though, he got me by a car. Anyway, keep on lettin people know that the Legends are out there and we ain't messin around!

-GR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
noo..it wasnt a lightning. Yea i know those things are superfast but it was a regular one. hehe Godfather. of course YOU wont have a problem smoking preludes. nice car! Yea the prelude i raced was a type SH. AUTO vs. AUTO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,657 Posts
I thought the newer prelude (SH?) is 220HP or 205HP something like that... the Gen4 was 190HP and was alot light lighter... I think it may actually be faster than the newer gen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
I thought the newer prelude (SH?) is 220HP or 205HP something like that... the Gen4 was 190HP and was alot light lighter... I think it may actually be faster than the newer gen
The new ones are definitely faster than the Gen 4s. Like I said, I raced a G4 and smoked him, but my friend in his G5 Type SH (on stick) took me by about a car. And the SHs are actually slower than the regular ones cuz they're heavier. They just have a handling package of some sort. As far as the HP, they're runnin 200, just like our Type I Legends.

-GR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
he probably has an sh sticker/emblem

AcuraGuy said:
noo..it wasnt a lightning. Yea i know those things are superfast but it was a regular one. hehe Godfather. of course YOU wont have a problem smoking preludes. nice car! Yea the prelude i raced was a type SH. AUTO vs. AUTO.
cause sh did not come in auto.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
g4 vtec is faster than g5 vtec.

the 96 lude is slowest of all 4gen vtecs and is still faster than any 5th gen. stock to stock/ 5spd vs 5spd.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top