Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to drive like 45 miles to work. on the way a non-turbo z came up behind me pretty fast so i moved over to see what he had, he passed by me and i saw his wanna be turbo z spoiler. i got on his bumber but we got stuck behind a toyota camry. i downshifted to 4th gear and held the rpms about 4 grand. as soon as the camry moved i knew he would go for it becuse it was wide open from then, no cars no nothing for like 2 miles. sure enough he goosed it and so did i, we were neck and neck all the way through 4 and fifth gear he moved over as i was about to shift into 6th, i started to catch up and as i passed him i shifted at 140mph. anyway he gave up then and got off at the next exit.
in other words don't **** with a legend.
sorry for the long post but as most will agree it was worth it.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
93typeII said:
i have to drive like 45 miles to work. on the way a non-turbo z came up behind me pretty fast so i moved over to see what he had, he passed by me and i saw his wanna be turbo z spoiler. i got on his bumber but we got stuck behind a toyota camry. i downshifted to 4th gear and held the rpms about 4 grand. as soon as the camry moved i knew he would go for it becuse it was wide open from then, no cars no nothing for like 2 miles. sure enough he goosed it and so did i, we were neck and neck all the way through 4 and fifth gear he moved over as i was about to shift into 6th, i started to catch up and as i passed him i shifted at 140mph. anyway he gave up then and got off at the next exit.
in other words don't **** with a legend.
sorry for the long post but as most will agree it was worth it.
YEAH BABY!:cool:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the looking out for me. i don't do it often and definitely not in asituation that could be dangerous

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
awesome. i race a non turbo automatic like 4 month ago. it was y friends car.we were goin abut 40 and he down shifted so i did too ad we were about even to 70 then i just pulled away from him at about 90-110 i put on my flashrs and then we slowed down. lucky we did it before we pasted a cop. this was the night we were goin to some races.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
I envy you guys who rip A$$ on other cars especially, 300z's,Eclipse's,Civic's,Accord's, And especially beefed up NEONS.
I have a G2 LS Coupe and very seldom get past 65 mph. I cruuuuiiiisssssee !!! LOL good job !!:cool:

·
Registered
132 Posts
93typeII said:
i downshifted to 4th gear and held the rpms about 4 grand..
How fast were you guys going when you downshifted to 4th? That Z must have a few mods like headers and what not or he woulda been dusted.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
CakeDaddy said:
I envy you guys who rip A$$ on other cars especially, 300z's,Eclipse's,Civic's,Accord's, And especially beefed up NEONS.
I have a G2 LS Coupe and very seldom get past 65 mph. I cruuuuiiiisssssee !!! LOL good job !!:cool:
I've had a few civics, accords and eclipse for lunch out here. I even raced this lady on the expressway with her little Neon. I laughed and let her get a good start then I just zoomed right pass her ass. All those guys go for is looks and dont think about modifiying their cars for speed. The only race I can honestly say I lost but wasnt by much was by a GS 400. Me and that guy were kinda neck and neck and he just left my ass behind like he was in rush to go to the bathroom or something but hey ya cant win em all.:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's what I was thinking if they were doing 60mph. I think they were doing around 90mph and that's why he downshifted to 4th. He should have an explaination for not wasting that Z.:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i like my races to look fair so he can get his buddy's out an have some fun

·
Registered
166 Posts
hehehehe, here is me driving Malken00's 300ZX down the track, I got a horrable time, and if your wondering why it looks like I start to go into the other lane, thats only the rear end due to wheel spin all through 2nd :D fun times

1 - 14 of 14 Posts