Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to get around a Navigator today and coundn't get around it. Those things have 300HP but are really heavy. I didn't think it would be a problem. Looked up the specs and they will do 0-60 in 8.5 seconds. Not bad for a huge SUV like that.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
hey

tiger153 said:
Look at the specs in motortrend.com. 8.5 sec They are quick. Especially for a SUV
i'd hate to lose to a big ass tank like that
:)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Those specs are never completely acurate, thats usually estimated times. Too bad though, Im gonna go find a Navi to race tomorrow! But I see if his big gas guzzling ass could keep up with our legends on any type of curvy road, I dont think so.

GO PATRIOTS!!!
(Im really a die hard GB Packer fan) but anyone who is an enemy of my enemy is my friend, and I always love the underdog!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Good call. Next time, hes dead:)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yea i agree. those things are fast, along with the Chevy Avalanche and others.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yeah, the Avalanche is fast as hell. My uncle got a 2 for his roofing company. They accelerate like crazy And they shift really smooth too! I dont like the plastic body molding though, reminds me of a pontiac aztec. yuck:p

·
Registered
94 Posts
navigator

aren't those things like 345hp? those rides are pretty phat.

·
Registered
846 Posts
yeah, hes got the 8.1 liter engines in both of them. Its rated at 340 HP. Both of his have the 4WD, they kick serious ass. I think 0 to 60 is something like 8.65 seconds. not bad for a big ass truck. I still prefer my 90 Legend of course.:)

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's amazing, the Legend really feels faster than 8.5 0-60. It feels similar to my dad's Nissan Maxima that does 60 in 7.6. Too bad Honda didn't give it more than 160hp.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well i got that stat straight out of motor trend, so take it up with them:)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Never mind, i thought you meant the truck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 1990 Legend LV6, but it is a 5-speed coupe, and I will be damned if a Lincoln Navigator will beat me. I have a theory to share, an automatic car will accelerate if you stomp it. A manual vehicle is based on your driving skill. When you stomp a manual vehicle, it will not accelerate "that" quick. So if anyone races another Navigator, keep your car in 3rd or 4th gear and slowly push the pedal to the floor, and you will gain enough torque to fly by that damn Navigator.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What do you mean he might have let up? Legends weigh a lot less than those big things, you should have smoked him, your advantage is weight and center of gravity.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
DEFINTELY center of gravity...I HATE driving SUV's they just feel too big, bulkym and top heavy for my liking. I feel like i have to slow down to like 15 mph for the SoCal on/off ramps out here....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts