Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was following him to his house and I pulled next to him at the light. He has a 90 (I think) 560 SEC with a Renntech 6.0L V8. He got me on the launch and pulled about 2 cars on me. About the end of 2nd gear, I was catching up. end of 3rd gear and I'm down by a AMG bumper and we shut it down at 100, him with the win.

Also, before he got this car, I raced him my legend vs. his mom's benz E320 in a 0-60 race. Pretty even.

·
Registered
386 Posts
THE RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your friend has a 6.0 litre benz modified by Renntech. I think he was playing with you. A stock 560 SEC is pushing at least 250 horses in stock V8 form. A 6.0 litre Renntech V8 has to be pushing more than 300 horses or at least 300. Knowing that Renntech knows their shiznit when it comes to modifying benzes. Either he was playing with you, or he can't drive, or your just that good. Take your pick. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out. Good race by the way.:)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think his car was running out of tune. The previous owner had it running really rich so he could NOS it up. Maybe that bogged it down. Also, he had cats put in as so to pass smog when he bought the car. Now that he leaned it out, I think it's time for another race. As for the Renntech 6.0, it's for real. Real Renntech 6.0. All servece records were kept and ran the VIN's. He's just having a lot of problems with mechanics breaking this and breaking that on his car when he gets it serviced. Oh, and another thing, his car's heavly weighed down. All body panals except for the engine and front 1/4 panals were dynamatted. Alpine everything except of a pair of free air Oz Audio Subs. As for the E320, I was pretty suprised I could keep up 0-60 mph. But then of course I think I have better launching (even with auto)then him. I think he's working on drag launch when his tranny is working ok. I can't wait to take him to the track, see how his car really does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts