Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i just came back from dinner w/the family and i definitely raped a 2000 Prelude SH by at least a car and a half. i'm wondering have any of you ever raced a later model pontiac grand prix gtp...the ones with the supercharged 240hp engine, if you have how'd you do? i'm trying to see how i match up with the competition...thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
94legendsedan said:
yeah i just came back from dinner w/the family and i definitely raped a 2000 Prelude SH by at least a car and a half. i'm wondering have any of you ever raced a later model pontiac grand prix gtp...the ones with the supercharged 240hp engine, if you have how'd you do? i'm trying to see how i match up with the competition...thanks!
I raced a 2000 model and he would beat me from the line, but at about 90 I would be back up by his side, and at 110 I would pull away. If you race the GTP, make sure you've got some room.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
94legendsedan said:
GTP= sh!t load of low end torque. You better go more than a quarter mile or you will have no chance.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
LeoLegendATL said:
the late model GTP's have a supercharged v6, puts out 240hp and 280 lbs/ft of torque, watch out, they are damn quick. Something like 6.7 secs to 60.
They are easy to mod too. A pulley, exhaust, and intake and those things are over 300hp. Their tranny has limitations on how much hp it can take, though.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
NickD said:
I raced a supercharged one once from a light. From 0-30 he was with me and pulling a little, then I just took off on him, by 80 I had him by at least 2+ car lengths.
That torque converter must be nice. I am going to have to move that higher up on my mod priorities. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I thought type SH is faster than the Legend. I remember one of my friends drove a 99 Type SH and he used to race my other buddy that used to drive a 92 MR2 turbo, both cars manual. And I remember the MR2 only won by a little bit. They both told me that they do low 6's 0-60 and it seemed really fast when they would floor it, kinda slammed me back against the seat hard.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Trix said:
I thought type SH is faster than the Legend. I remember one of my friends drove a 99 Type SH and he used to race my other buddy that used to drive a 92 MR2 turbo, both cars manual. And I remember the MR2 only won by a little bit. They both told me that they do low 6's 0-60 and it seemed really fast when they would floor it, kinda slammed me back against the seat hard.
5th gen preluds are about equal to 2nd gen Legends. Roomate had one, and one of my friends has one. with the same basic mods the Legend just pulls at higher MPH. Just dont take on some of those 4th gen preludes, they are older, but faster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts