Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I was at a tuner shop today and the guy showed me some sort of strong, yet flexible piping that you attach to a ractive filter w/heatshield at the top, and then it goes down to underneath the car to suck cold air from outside. The filter is in the engine bay to prevent water damage, so it seems like it's a good idea, what do you guys think? he quoted me $50 for the extension without the filter, has anyone run into this thing before? thanks in advance :)

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I was planning on buying something like that for my g1. Try and get the name of the extension so I can pick it up. I was thinking about the reactive heat shield filter and someone mentioned that it seemed to be very restrictive so I thought since the heat shield part is only plastic I would cut a section of heat shield off (The part facing away form the engine- next to the battery on g1) and then attach that flexible extension down to the fender. I would have to cut the (weapon R) intake tube a liitle to make room for the extension.

They sell the reactive filter here for $29.99 and $39.99 for the carbon fiber look

Good luck
Esti

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i thought it over and i'm going to buy it today or sometime this week, i need a new filter anyways, and i've wanted to keep from sucking in hot air so this seems perfect, i still have the fears of water ingestion, but i figure since the filter is in the engine bay it's the safest cold air intake to get... i'll let u know how it goes

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey, i just got it, put work into it and everything fit PERFECT, i have the end sticking out of area under the bumper lights where the OEM Fogs go, i felt a diff in throttle response, but i was in a traffic congested area so i haven't gone WOT with it yet, i will soon :) i feel it was definitely worth it, even in 90 degree weather, it's still suckin in cooler air than the 150~200degree under hood air :)

·
Five- O
857 Posts
was there a name brand on the flexible tube ?

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on the actual tubing there isn't a name brand or anything, i was told it's ractive because that's the only brand i know with the heatshielded filter, and the whole kit fits perfectly with that filter, i love it :) i've been lookin for a CAI for the legend for a while, but u have to have intake for this to work, so mine in total costed $160

1 - 6 of 6 Posts