Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect i might be having a problem with my Rad fan control unit. This afternoon the heat guage shot up and fell to normal when i activated the automatic climate control. Further fiddling showed the fan will only come on if the A.C is activated. Am I correct in this diagnosis?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had this same problem on my Prelude, the radiator temp sensor was bad - I would check that as well. Since the fans work when the AC is on, the relay should be OK.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Exactly the case with my old G1 coupe. The real test would be to drive it and when the temp goes up, turn the ac on full blast, and if the temp goes down while the A/C is on I can almost assure you that what the problem is. I miss my old G1 :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Is there a way to check the integrity of the sensor. (It's the one attached to the bottom of the rad. isn't it?)

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
I have the same problem, My rad. fans only come on when I turn the AC on. I haven't had a chance to track down the problem though. Let me know how you make out.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
I recommend getting it replaced asap, because that's not good for your radiator. I bought the part for $75 dollars I believe and I swapped it out my self. The rad controller is located under the steering wheel or better explanation would be above the brake pedal area. Took me 15 minutes to replace.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys are we talking about 2 different things? The rad control sensor is under the dash. Rafto mentioned the temperature sensor. This i assume is attached to the rad.
Or are we discussing the same thing?

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
We are talking about two different things. There is a temp sensor that's mounted at the bottom of the rad. and there is a red. control unit that is a box mounted under the dash. I have no idea which one we need to replace. Anyone know which one is likely the problem??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts