Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this device installed in their vehicle:

Phantom II Anti-Laser/Radar Jamming Device

I notice it is illegal in some states. But, I remember an old friend back in High School who drove his mother's Lincoln Mark VII have one of these in his middle compartment. I think he had one of those rare devices that could detect the laser/radar coming from the front and the rear of the car. Back then I think that device cost his mom at least $500.00.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
My friends have that in their car. Exactly how me and my friends made it from L.A. to Las Vegas in 2 hrs and 45 min. Hehehe. Going 150-175 w/o getting pulled over. Fun.

P.S. Don't ask me if we were acctually going 175, cuz I wasn't looking at the speedo much. Just 5th gear in my friend's MBZ AMG CLK 55 with the go peddle on the floor.

·
Registered
427 Posts
yep i seen on tv in ontario the opp was pulling over people becuase they had a device that can detect radar dectectors. they were pulling people over and asking where is the device even though it was well hidden the cops never gave up untill they found it, they even pulled over people from new jersey who have them becuase their state allows it but the cop took it becuase they were in ontario and the law said its illegal sometimes the cops were cool so they let the guys go.

·
Registered
702 Posts
asianlegend said:

But, how could the cops detect it was there? Is that really possible for them to do that?
yup, they can detect those and the radar scramblers too, and in many states both are illegal and you will get caught for it, even if you are coming from a different state...it's illegal if you're using it in their state no matter where you are coming from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.