Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, been a while since I've posted on here...anyway, here goes:

Was greeted with some car woes earlier this night. It's dark out, so I wasn't really able to get too much of a look at where the apparent coolant leak was coming from, but I basically saw a fair amount of white smoke coming out from underneath the hood of my car, coupled with a loud hissing sound. Upon inspecting further with the aid of a flashlight, I saw what appeared to be a fine mist/steam coming out from somewhere beneath the rear headgasket, parallel to the passenger side of my whip. Further down I noticed droplets of coolant had collected at the bottom of the engine housing.

Guess I'll be seeing my mechanic tomorrow. Before I do, though, I was wondering if anyone could maybe help me narrow down the cause of the leak and/or what I can do myself to attempt remedy?

Thanks to all for taking the time to look at this. :bowdown:

· Registered
4,259 Posts
OrionZite said:
appeared to be a fine mist/steam coming out from somewhere beneath the rear headgasket, parallel to the passenger side of my whip
I'm suspecting one of the oil cooler coolant hose is busted OrionZite...

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys, my mechanic says it's my water pump and is planning on also replacing the timing belt. $450 bucks for the whole shabang, do you think it'd be worth it to just pay or *attempt* the procedure myself?

I really can't afford to be without a car for more than a day or so, so I'm just curious if it wouldn't be worthwhile in the long run to just pay for it.

Thanks for the replies.

· Registered
2,973 Posts
OrionZite said:
Well guys, my mechanic says it's my water pump and is planning on also replacing the timing belt. $450 bucks for the whole shabang, do you think it'd be worth it to just pay or *attempt* the procedure myself?

I really can't afford to be without a car for more than a day or so, so I'm just curious if it wouldn't be worthwhile in the long run to just pay for it.

Thanks for the replies.
Just pay....actually that's cheaper than you think.

· Registered
438 Posts
Make sure he replaces the oil coolant hoses while he's in there... I replaced Ted Hodges WP & TB and the next week that hose went....Was really wishing at that point I'd repaced it when I was in there the first time!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.